summer school (1 Viewer)

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
has anyone failed an unit and is applying for summer school? is it worth the extra 1200 bucks(depending the course) with 100 dollars late fee(the last round of offers) to pass the failed unit? or overload next semester.

but how does it acutally work when you fail the unit, does it roll over to the next semester?does passing the unit the summer school automatically cancel out the failed unit you had?

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
I am catching up on my degree during summer school, as I did part time uni in 1 semester this year. Not sure about failing :|

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i'll also be at summer school - a huge amount of people in my course will be there

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Skeeta said:
yeah i'll also be at summer school - a huge amount of people in my course will be there
oooh me too :) we can sexy time there. im doing psyc1002

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Steven12 said:
has anyone failed an unit and is applying for summer school? is it worth the extra 1200 bucks(depending the course) with 100 dollars late fee(the last round of offers) to pass the failed unit? or overload next semester.

but how does it acutally work when you fail the unit, does it roll over to the next semester?does passing the unit the summer school automatically cancel out the failed unit you had?
it doesn't 'cancel' it per se. it counts as passing the unit, but the fail isnt erased from your transcript

Rupert

HSC
It will depend on the course you are doing. Some courses require you to complete all subjects before going on to the next year. So if certain subjects are a prerequisites for 2nd year or 3rd etc you will need to do that subject before you can do any of the 2nd or 3rd year etc subject. However some courses just allow you to pick up any other subject to make up for that lost credit point.

Repeating the subject in order to get that pass does not cancel out the fail, you will always have that fail unfortunately. So summer school is really only worth it if you cant go to the next year without passing that subject. Otherwise just overload unless you know you will have a pretty demanding tt than opt for summer school.

Skeeta

HSC
stazi said:
oooh me too :) we can sexy time there. im doing psyc1002
haha sure if u want to ge the train to cumberland every day to sexy time

i'm doing linguistics :'(
its a pre-req for almost everything for next semester

antarctic

HSC
withoutaface said:
Overload if you can, it's not that hard.
I'll have to disagree with you there - I overloaded this semester and found it quite hard.

Regards

Antarctic

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Heh, my wam actually went up (though marginally) this semester despite overloading.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
okay then, so what going happen, are they going to add the failed unit to next semester timetable(cos im pretty sure its not s prereq), do i need to do anything to my next years enrolment?speak to anybody?

and also, summer school fees are like double of what you would pay normally hey?like if you had pass the course :(

and is failing a maths unit or any unit big deal, like how is it going to affect you getting a job? i hope not

antarctic

HSC
I don't know if you'll have to get your enrollment changed, but you can see your current enrollment through student administration (i.e. the thing you used to pre-enrol and check your exam seating and results).

The rough cost of summer school courses can be found on the summer school website:
http://fmweb01.ucc.usyd.edu.au/summerschool/

Nice work there withoutaface :D. I can't do a overloaded/not overloaded comparison, since I overloaded both semesters...

Regards

Antarctic

shes_jinxed

HSC
Steven12 said:
yeah, but thats only for full-fee paying students isnt it?
I know its really confusing on the website, they make it seem like you have to already be full fee paying but you dont, just go to the SS office and fill out a feehelp form with your application and youre done and in debt to the government for a little longer

Last edited:

Fcuk!

Hey guys,

Just a question to those who’ve taken/will take summer school, is it too much to study 2 subjects during summer school? I am currently enrolled in 2 subjects (from the faculty of eco + biz), and I’ve been told by a tutor that’s its pretty hectic and to only take 1. Any advice???

5c

HSC
also i've got a question-
lyk the stuff that we learn- will it be exactly the same as the thing we learn during the normal semesters? will there be like midsemesters, assignments etcetc or is the final exam jst 100%?

allstarr69

oooh poor steve failed stats :p hehe jks stevy. Steves a champ!!! A fully sick champ. Get to know this man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)