Summer School/Tutoring 2014 HSC (1 Viewer)

Sophiajeanne

HSC
Hello! I'm Soph :)
I'm from Bathurst (3 hours west of Sydney) and looking at doing some summer school for HSC 2014. I need to get an ATAR of 96! :/ My subjects are:
• Advanced English
• French Continuers (via distance at DSODE)
• French Extension (via distance at OHS)
• Business Studies
• Software Design & Development
• Design & Technology

I'm going to go to the Alliance Française for French, but I'm not sure where to go for the others (I suspect there will only be courses for English and Business). I'm currently looking at TSFX, but people here are saying they're not great. Any recommendations? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gautam97

HSC
With those subjects you're going to require incredibly high band 6s in all your subjects to get 96..

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
There's only business studies and advanced english for tsfx. I don't know of any companies that offer software design and design and technology. You might need to get a tutor/someone in the grade above you who did well in those subjects to help you out. Only if you're desperately in need for help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
With those subjects you're going to require incredibly high band 6s in all your subjects to get 96..
I got 97 + with even worse scaling subjects, 96 should be fine with low-mid band 6s.

To the OP, why do you need that atar? Seeing that you're from Bathurst, are you aware that you might be eligible for rural bonus points offered by some unis? I'd do some research into it as it could significantly reduce your anxiety come exam time.

To relate back to the question, i wouldn't really bother with TSFX. You pay top dollar to attend these cram courses which simply go through the content, you can do that personally or seek assistance from online sources (youtube and other online resources etc). I found this channel https://www.youtube.com/user/HSCstudybuddy1234 very useful for business studies.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)