Summer Scholarships (1 Viewer)

whitay

HSC
Question regarding Summer Scholarships and particularly science scholarships. Are they difficult to obtain?

They say that it is based on academic merit and projects available. Assuming that the number of projects available is plentiful, which it is. Then in terms of academic merit would a GPA above 75% of the grading scale, ie GPA >5.25, be considered acceptable academic merit?

Would having a previous Summer Scholarship from another university help?

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
I did a summer scholarship a couple of years ago in chemistry, and I think they're fairly easy to obtain, to the point that as long as you're obviously doing ok you're very unlikely not to get one. Definitely with a D average you should have no troubles at all (especially if you've got referees reports that say you're interested in the field etc). I don't think having done any previous summer scholarships will really help though.

The science faculties treat them as a recruiting sort of exercise, where they want as many people to come along as possible and hopefully a lot of them do honours / PhDs here. Its a really good way to check out what you might want to do.

whitay

HSC
The science faculties treat them as a recruiting sort of exercise, where they want as many people to come along as possible and hopefully a lot of them do honours / PhDs here. Its a really good way to check out what you might want to do.
Awesome. Thanks.

Honours and probably PhD at ANU is my desirable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)