suicide.. (1 Viewer)

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Graney said:
No, there are plenty of people who are rejected by their families, or have no living relatives, or have uncaring/abusive families that don't express the necessary love to sustain a human being.
Friends? Collegues?

There are more people then just your family.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Some people have no significant friendships, especially the mentally ill, and the elderly.

Friends don't usually love you. Not really and substantially. Most of your current friends you won't know in ten years time. They will never think of you again. You'll be lucky to keep in regular contact with any of them for a lifetime.

And it's hardly significant reason for living, that your best friend will be upset. I don't owe them that much.

Shoubadoo

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
It's hard to make 'normal' people agree with that view though zoe. Even though I believe you are 100% correct (but then again im probably also wrong coz im also lolemo)

I do think it's fundamentally selfish if you do have people which care about you (ie, your parents) but with people who are suicidal it is probably very hard to convince them people actually do care about them, despite their actions even.

I mean, imagine what a mother would have to go through knowing her child killed themselves, that would be SO horrible. Just watch the reaction of the mother at the end of 'alpha dog' that scene made me ball my eyes out.
Too right.
In a way, I see being suicidal as like being anorexic. If you are anorexic, people will tell you you are by no means fat, and you may indeed believe they mean what they say, but all you will see in the mirror is an imperfect fat being.

If you are a suicidal person and someone, especially a loved one, such as a family member, tells you they love you, even if you sort of believe they mean it, it will not necessarily change how you feel, you may still feel low.
Being suicidal has so many levels to it, you can't just escape it because a few people express their love for you.
You need professional assistance to dig into the problems that make you feel how you do.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
im pretty good at suicide. ive committed it at least three point five times. the point five is because i was brought back to life, so i failed, but that was only my first time.

gpipirw22

HSC
N/A
ok ok ok. Graney. restate. you are solo officially my hero.

Question: how do you commit suicide 3.5 times?

i attempted it once but interepted as already stated.

In reference to the man with one arm, would anyone blame him if he committed suicide?

And in reference to, "theres also someone worse off from you", what about the person who has is WORST? Do they have the right to end their life?

Ashabella

HSC
It makes me sad that people can have such strong beliefs on subjects they clearly don't understand. For those of you that posted comments explaining that suicide is 'selfish' and 'weak'...have you ever researched into the psychology of suicide? Of depression?
No, I didn't think so.

For the rest of you, who are clearly not as ignorant, you will probably understand that when a person is in such a state of depression, they fail to see things clearly. Everything becomes distorted and often they believe so strongly that the world is better off without them.

Tell me, if you believed the world was better without you, would it be selfish to kill yourself? Or, would it be an extremely unselfish act? Furthermore, if you believed the world was better off without you and that the best thing you could do for everyone else was to kill yourself and you followed through...would that be weak? Is it really weak to go to such an (unselfish) extreme???

I have to be careful now because I am, by no means advocating suicide...AT ALL!
I am simply trying to defend those who may have felt such feelings. I know you are not selfish or weak. And most good people do as well. But you have to understand that sometimes the way you may see things are distorted. That isn't your fault, that's just how it is.
The best advice I can offer those of you who have or are contemplating suicide is this...

Think of some people in your life that you regard highly and respect. (eg. friends, teachers, maybe family)

Now, imagine what they would say to you if you told them about your intentions or desires...

Unless you were thinking of some drop-kick loser, then you probably would have come to the conclusion that most people would not support your ideas.

Why?

Because you are a lot more valuable than you think.

There is a lot you can do for the world, a lot of peoples lives you can touch and make positive change in. There is a lot to live for, and if you will not live for yourself, live for the people you will positively impact on in your future life. Imagine all the times you can make someone smile in a lifetime! It would be such a waste to trade all that in for a funeral of people who are confused, upset and likely to be feeling immensely guilty.

Every person is worthy of life. Did you know that's one of the fundamental human rights? Even murderers shouldn't be killed. No one's life should be taken away, no matter what.

Suicide is a long-term solution to a short-term problem, therefore it's the wrong solution, because it doesn't fit.

Take care all and my heart goes out to =)

And, for the people posting ignorant comments on this page, I suggest you get an education and stop being detriments to peoples well-being.

Ash

xoxoxoxoxo

HJ

HSC
N/A
I agree with Ashabella's comment. A lot of the people posting their opinions up in this thread seem to have no actual firm basis of knowledge on which they are basing them. Can you really talk about something before experiencing it yourself? At least have the courtesy to research the topic properly before forming such strong opinions. As well, when people say "different people have different opinions--deal with it"-- this is the type of person, in my opinion, who always and most often accepts and follows the status quo, be in just or unjust...re: racism, sexism, discrimination against people of various sexual orientation...

I have experienced depression for quite a while, and have contemplated suicide a couple of times though I have never thought of actually attempting it. I'm sure a lot of people reading this thread are experiencing/have experienced some form of mental illness.

For me, depression has become a chronic illness, so at those points in my life when I have thought of suicide, my feeling was: "it's already been X number of years--am I ever going to get out of this?" It is difficult at these times to even want to ask for help--because I had already asked for and received the available help so many times, and nothing had worked. My depression not being at the extreme state at the time, I was able to just work through it, and research other methods of recovery.

BUT when I first became mentally ill (when it was quite intense) I can remember feeling like I was in an eternal fog and a dark box. It's difficult when you are in that sort of state to even want to ask for help. Remember that we are talking about something to do with the MIND. It is therefore illogical even, to say "they should make an effort to help themselves (i.e. essentially regain control of their mind)" (as someone else in this thread has suggested), when we are talking about a disconnect in the person's MIND.

Sorry for the long post.
Thanks.

HJ

HSC
N/A
Hey--sorry...some typos in the above post that I made...corrected here:

I agree with Ashabella's comment. A lot of the people posting their opinions up in this thread seem to have no actual firm basis of knowledge from which they are deriving their opinions. Can you really talk about something before experiencing it yourself? At least have the courtesy to research the topic properly before forming such strong opinions. As well, when people say "different people have different opinions--deal with it"-- this is the type of person, in my opinion, who always and most often accepts and follows the status quo, be it just or unjust...re: racism, sexism, discrimination against people of various sexual orientation...

Thanks.

lucy-may

HSC
I heard once that 1 in 11 youth suicides in nsw are from the hsc. (i can't guarantee that that fact is right but it's what i heard).

It's really sad when young people get to a point where they can't see anything good ahead for them. I guess that's what some other people have been saying- depressed and suicidal people can't see things completely clearly.

I reacon many people think about suicide but actually thinking about how to achieve it and go through that pain turns them off. So many people seem to have 'attempts', meaning that they fail to actually kill themselves anyway.

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
suicide is for pussies , i contemplate killing sprees.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Jachie said:
suicide is the ultimate act of selfishness and weakness. i can honestly say i've never, ever, EVER considered it.
i agree to a point

like. those who 'attempt' suicide, with no intention of following through. if you take a heap of pills and then ring somebody to tell them yr ending it, obviously you have no intention of following through. if you did, you'd do it.

cant find the article, but it has been widely discussed that those who cut their wrists are not serious about suicide.

and then there are those who do. and make a mess. like fuck, if you're going to neck yourself, have the decency not to make a mess about it.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
katie tully said:
and then there are those who do. and make a mess. like fuck, if you're going to neck yourself, have the decency not to make a mess about it.
I was driving down the main road at a quiet late hour of the night, doing 70. this particular road is fairly unlit, not really paying attention, look up and there's a dude crossing the road twenty metres in front of me. Outlaw biker, strolling casually across the road to meet his mate and their bikes parked across the road.

This fellow, didn't hustle, didn't panic, didn't even look up at me at any point. I swerved hard to avoid him.

Fuck, if you want to die, just go hang yourself or something.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yeah, I'm fairly unsympathetic towards those who involve innocent bystanders in their quest for death.
Anything that involves jumping infront of cars/trains/buses and leaves a lot of mess and traumatised bus/train/car drivers sickens me.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Graney said:
I was driving down the main road at a quiet late hour of the night, doing 70. this particular road is fairly unlit, not really paying attention, look up and there's a dude crossing the road twenty metres in front of me. Outlaw biker, strolling casually across the road to meet his mate and their bikes parked across the road.

This fellow, didn't hustle, didn't panic, didn't even look up at me at any point. I swerved hard to avoid him.

Fuck, if you want to die, just go hang yourself or something.
i saw somebody get hit at mayfield one time.
hate driving through there. People jump out at the drop of a hat.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i hit a guy on a bike once
he rode out infront of me, couldnt stop
limped off, i was freaked out. went to the cops and dobbed myself in, incase he died or something later, lol.

the cops were like 'um .. k .. thx'

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The_highwayman said:
i saw somebody get hit at mayfield one time.
hate driving through there. People jump out at the drop of a hat.
Yeah, that was Mayfield.

Mayfield is so fucked up. I saw a cop pull his gun on a guy outside the local high school once.

melonkitten

HSC
Graney said:
Yeah, that was Mayfield.

Mayfield is so fucked up. I saw a cop pull his gun on a guy outside the local high school once.
awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)