suicide.. (1 Viewer)

autumbabe1991

HSC
Posted by Jachie
nope. can't see any logic in it, i never have and i strongly doubt i ever will.

i have empathy for people in shitty situations, and i have the upmost respect for those who fight and overcome them. why should i have either for someone who wishes to give up on life, their loved ones and themselves? you're right in that people considering suicide do need help, but to kid ourselves into thinking that the act itself is anything other than weak and selfish isn't doing anyone any favours.

for the person in the situation it isnt the greatest.... you wont truelly understand unless you experience....

i have a friend who was contemplating it and even self harmed herself...
She went to a doc and says it is now rarer for her to feel depressed, but still is some days...

point is she told me that she at once stage was an inch away from slicing herself open and the only thing that stopped her, she says was, her mothers eyes (at her eyes were presumably closed)....

it is sadder to know that there was no apparent or direct reason for her to feel like that....

sci.girl

VCE IS DONE!!:D (finally)
HSC
Firstly I'm not an 'emo' thanks, whoever said that.
For those who say it is weak to kill yourself I disagree. It is either extreme bravery or stupidity, whichever you prefer. Do you have any idea how strong you have to be to suicide, plunging into the unknown of the afterlife? It takes awesome courage.
It may be selfish to not care about those you leave behind, but it is just as selfish for your those loved ones to want you to be who you're not and keep you alive. The depths of unhappiness of someone who wants to suicide are unfathomable unless you have experienced it.
Do you think that most teens have thought about it at some point, even in a passing thought? Escapism is the easiest route.

iamemanuel

SUPER CALLA FRIGGIN AWSUM
HSC
its weak!

not to be an ass, but its by far the weakest way out of the situation. "Oh i'm sad, my boyfriend doesn't love me".... "well time to quit and not move on... life was good, now wheres the medicine cabinet.."

slack i know but in all seriousnous i believe it is the weakest way out. I myself have been depressed many times but never feel any need wat so ever to neck myself..

iamemanuel

SUPER CALLA FRIGGIN AWSUM
HSC
sci.girl said:
Firstly I'm not an 'emo' thanks, whoever said that.
For those who say it is weak to kill yourself I disagree. It is either extreme bravery or stupidity, whichever you prefer. Do you have any idea how strong you have to be to suicide, plunging into the unknown of the afterlife? It takes awesome courage.
It may be selfish to not care about those you leave behind, but it is just as selfish for your those loved ones to want you to be who you're not and keep you alive. The depths of unhappiness of someone who wants to suicide are unfathomable unless you have experienced it.
Do you think that most teens have thought about it at some point, even in a passing thought? Escapism is the easiest route.
how the hell is that not 'emo' and wats brave about giving up?? "plunging into the unknown of the after life." not being strong enough to keep going and stop listening to evanesence.... (music for "sad" teenage girls) yeah that is "awesome brave" haha

if your that sad you want to cut sick with a razor blade i suggest you stop reading sucide girl sites and go look at hippie ranch 2008!

cheer up lovely!

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Exphate said:
Yeah man, the people in the world trade centre, jumping out the windows shoulda hardened the fuck up. Things weren't that bad.
Wtf has that got to do with suicide? The jumped because they wanted to save themselves...not kill themselves.

Exphate said:
Seriously, you can't tell people to just hardenn up. It doesn't work like that, and never will. People have their own pain thresholds and ability to cope and all this other, excellent seemingly insignificant stuff going on, that you wish to just ignore. Secret: It's not as easy as you want to think.
Gee no way. I'm not ignoring anything. I realise thing's aren't meant to be easy. That's my point. Life wasn't meant to be easy.

Exphate said:
And you expect people to get help, when you treat them like lepers for needing it. Good stuff.
Excuse me?

You don't know me. You don't have the right to make accusations about the way you think I supposedly treat people.

I've know people who have killed themselves. My Year 6 teacher did, I've called emergency when a girl cut her arms open after breaking a window trying to get to her brother who had hung himself.

I know the effects of suicide, I've seen them upclose. I've tried to help people. they refuse to listen, refuse to get professional help and carry on in their lives continually complaining about how life isn't worth it. YOu gotta be willing to make the change and get help from someone who knows what they're talking about.

Evilo

HSC
J.a.d.e :-) said:
Wtf has that got to do with suicide? The jumped because they wanted to save themselves...not kill themselves.
because you can probably land on your feet after falling over 50m.

Just.Snaz

HSC
Evilo said:
Oh don't be silly. I'm sure they arranged a trampoline prior..

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Evilo said:
Spare of the moment decision. What other choice do they have? You see the walls crashing down around you, you gunna stand around and admire the show?

gpipirw22

HSC
N/A
Dedication: Melonkitten and Graney-you guys are my heroes.

What kind of an insensitive asswipe must you be to hold the view that suicide is selfish and weak?
Child Abuse.
Domestic violence.
Death of family members.
Death of friends.
Social pressure.
Rape.
Discrimination.
Depression.
Bastards like you who just bring people down even further.
The list goes on and on, its phenomenal.

what if you live in Africa and are faced with the prospect of a violent, torturous death by enemy hands every day? In a situation such as this, if a person chooses to end their life painlessly, instead of prolonging the question of WHEN not IF it is going to happen. How can you say that this is selfish?

Asswipes. Grow up.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
gpipirw22 said:
Dedication: Melonkitten and Graney-you guys are my heroes.
Don't associate me with Melonkitten, he's a shitcunt.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Gee no way. I'm not ignoring anything. I realise thing's aren't meant to be easy. That's my point. Life wasn't meant to be easy.

Yes, it can be. You make choices in life and never look back. Why get caught up on seomething you can't change? Just move on. Those people who contemplate suicide are weak. As was said, it takes more guts and courage to live your life then to just end it.

If you take the short way out of life, then fine. But don't go "oo im so itchy" and scratch the place where u cut yourself and failed to die for attention. Seriously. More people have it rough.
The guy who has no legs or arms. You see him give up? no!

people need to learn their priorities in life. and not think about killing themselves. -_-

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
shinji said:
Yes, it can be. You make choices in life and never look back. Why get caught up on seomething you can't change? Just move on. Those people who contemplate suicide are weak. As was said, it takes more guts and courage to live your life then to just end it.

If you take the short way out of life, then fine. But don't go "oo im so itchy" and scratch the place where u cut yourself and failed to die for attention. Seriously. More people have it rough.
The guy who has no legs or arms. You see him give up? no!

people need to learn their priorities in life. and not think about killing themselves. -_-
Yes because rape/abuse/addiction/etc. are really easy things to move on from.

sci.girl

VCE IS DONE!!:D (finally)
HSC
iamemanuel said:
how the hell is that not 'emo' and wats brave about giving up?? "plunging into the unknown of the after life." not being strong enough to keep going and stop listening to evanesence.... (music for "sad" teenage girls) yeah that is "awesome brave" haha

if your that sad you want to cut sick with a razor blade i suggest you stop reading sucide girl sites and go look at hippie ranch 2008!

cheer up lovely!
Wow, such hate from people who doen't know me.
Okay, well I'm not planning on suiciding soon, sorry to disappoint all that hope for it. I've never listened to evanesence in my life. I don't read suicide girl sites. And you can classify me as 'emo' if you want, I couldn't give a crap.

By my 'plunging into the afterlife' I meant that death scares most people because of not knowing what happens after. Judgement or nothingness or rebirth? I think its frightening. But that said, I think living life through adversity is brave too. I just happen to hold a respect for the strength it must take to go through with suicide.

iamemanuel said:
not to be an ass, but its by far the weakest way out of the situation. "Oh i'm sad, my boyfriend doesn't love me".... "well time to quit and not move on... life was good, now wheres the medicine cabinet.."

slack i know but in all seriousnous i believe it is the weakest way out. I myself have been depressed many times but never feel any need wat so ever to neck myself..
I never meant the, "oh, my bf dumped me, I think I'll kill myself, nothing left to live for" type of drama queen suicide. I meant the type where life has been very hard for a very long time and you can't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel you're in.

shinji said:
Life is easy?? First time I've heard that. You can't tell someone its easy, because they may have had worse situations than you've been in and they may have a lower threshold for coping. Did you want to go up to a person who was abused as a child, but got through, got herself educated, but got raped and now is a wreck, did you want to tell her "just move on"?? As gpipirw22 listed, those things are tough-> how is life easy for them? As for the man with no arms and legs, he is to be truly admired for his amazing character which got him through, but can you tell me he never thought of suicide? I'm willing to bet he had at one point.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Guys.

you're reading my post wrong. I said CAN be. Not necessarily meaning it is for everyone. Granted, there are some situations that can be tough,, but that dosen't mean suicide is an option.

That guy with no arms/legs did in fact think of suicide. He even stated it in his video. But through constant vigilence, look at where he is now. Because he didn't get caught up in the why things happened. He took advantage of what happpened to him and adapted his life to it.

And i'm pretty sure being born with no limbs/with defects trumps being raped/whatever.

With regards to the addicion; addiction on what? alcohol? drugs? It's their own fault. They should have thought of the consequences before taking them.

Abuse: report it to the police? fight back?

seriously, it's someone's attitude to things that determine how things turn out. Not what happens determine's a persons' attitude.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
shinji said:
Guys.

you're reading my post wrong. I said CAN be. Not necessarily meaning it is for everyone. Granted, there are some situations that can be tough,, but that dosen't mean suicide is an option.

That guy with no arms/legs did in fact think of suicide. He even stated it in his video. But through constant vigilence, look at where he is now. Because he didn't get caught up in the why things happened. He took advantage of what happpened to him and adapted his life to it.

And i'm pretty sure being born with no limbs/with defects trumps being raped/whatever.

With regards to the addicion; addiction on what? alcohol? drugs? It's their own fault. They should have thought of the consequences before taking them.

seriously, it's someone's attitude to things that determine how things turn out. Not what happens determine's a persons' attitude.
Wow. Ignorant much?

I'm not even going to bother addressing your moronic points.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
shinji said:
Guys.

Stupid, fucking cunt. It's not that easy. When you're a child, your parents are like God anyway.

Everyone has different levels of coping. You can't judge others for theirs.

You're comment before about the scratching the cuts was so ignorant. They're crying out for help you fuckwit. You have obviously never been depressed. Do you know what it's like to spent almost every moment of everyday planning your death? Walking and feeling like everything is flying past you, like you're in slow motion? Realising no one cares anymore, but hoping to God just one person asks you how you're feeling, because that's what you want more than anything?

Don't comment when you don't understand.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I think people misunderstand the sort of things going through a person's mind when they are contemplating suicide. It is not something someone decides on a whim because of one minor failing in their lives ("wah my boyfriend broke up with me", etc.); serious suicide/attempts/thoughts occur in people who have chemical imbalances - to have such extreme ideas is a clear sign of mental illness. It is generally due to these imbalances, as well as a build up of traumatic events, that pushes a person to such a place.
Many people go untreated, which is so dangerous, and the stigma surrounding suicide in our society makes it increasingly difficult for them to seek much-needed help.

BeeCom

HSC
Shinji makes many excellent and totally valid points. If you guys disagree with what he says, try and refute it like an adult by giving evidence rather than insults, losers. And Shinji is right you know. He's always right.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
BeeCom said:
Shinji makes many excellent and totally valid points. If you guys disagree with what he says, try and refute it like an adult by giving evidence rather than insults, losers. And Shinji is right you know. He's always right.
Did you not just do that too? And rational cold, rational discussion is not going to work with this topic, there's just too much emotion caught up in it.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Mkay. I'm loving this whole vibe of people personally attacking me for what I said. Did I say anything that had personally attacked you?

And no, I don't have a cunt.

And so what if i don't understand what it's like to be depressed? Have you been depressed? Looking from your post i'd say you have. But honesly, (this is just a bias view, but what isn't?) being depressed is no way to live your life. It's just a waste of time. I've been depressed mildly before when my grandma died & when my best friend died. Sure, it's different circumstances but i didn't dwell on it.

And I could say the same to you actually, nobody would understand truly unless they have attempted suicide. And not just thinking about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)