Suggestions for HOLOCAUST Inquirty questions please! (1 Viewer)

CVHS08.KLE

HSC
hi guy!!!

i've just recently changed my focus question "The Holocaust: Fact or Fiction?" to "Analyse various interpretations, in regards to the Holocaust" --> something along those lines anyway.

Since i've changed my focus question, this meant that i had to change my 5 inquiry questions too.. and im not sure if im allowed to use questions such as

1/ context of historians? (i.e. the context of traditional historians and revisionists)
2/ background of historians?

etc. These inquiry questions basically repeats my focus question, but its just a little more specific, rathen than broad.. so...... am i allowed to use these questions?

Are there any suggestions for the 5 inquiry questions?

any suggestsion would be muchly appreciated :D

X

xeuyrawp

JSIN said:
this is a great historical issue to enquire about,
Not really. It's one of these questions that have circular arguments and have generally been done to death.

Arguments to the effect that the holocaust didn't happen (or happened in a different way as normally believed) rely on varying methodologies which aren't really suitable to extension history.

Kimia2409

HSC
CVHS08.KLE said:
hi guy!!!

i've just recently changed my focus question "The Holocaust: Fact or Fiction?" to "Analyse various interpretations, in regards to the Holocaust" --> something along those lines anyway.

Since i've changed my focus question, this meant that i had to change my 5 inquiry questions too.. and im not sure if im allowed to use questions such as

1/ context of historians? (i.e. the context of traditional historians and revisionists)
2/ background of historians?

etc. These inquiry questions basically repeats my focus question, but its just a little more specific, rathen than broad.. so...... am i allowed to use these questions?

Are there any suggestions for the 5 inquiry questions?

any suggestsion would be muchly appreciated :D
i'm doing the holocaust as well, my main focus question is "how has the historical debate about the Holocaust changed over time"...my enquiry questions are

- investigate contrasting perspectives on how history has recorded the holocaust

- explore sources and evaluate how significant their contribution has been to the debates on the holocaust

- a specific focus study: Lipstadt v. Irving Libel case - evaluate how it contributed to interpretations of the Holocaust

maybe they could give you some sort of idea....dunno how good they are though but i've given up trying to think of anything else lol only a month till it's due....

CVHS08.KLE

HSC
hey thanks guys. yeh..i'd had some along them lines.. but not sure if i shud add whether or not to do various mediums represents it as well.. like diary of anne frank so on.. lol does variety add to something extra? lmao if not, im definitely not going into the trouble to do various mediums! its so hard to get hold of videos etc.

Kami08

HSC
Hi there.

Do you still require assistance with this, or not anymore? If so, send me a message or post a reply and I'll get back to you, as this is also my topic and I'm now finished a week early.

It's so nice to be done :)

Allan vB

HSC
I looked at the undying debate of the bombing of Auschwitz. Basically, the Allies had the chance to bomb the camp, potentially preventing others from being killed there. I came to the conclusion that their decision not to bomb was, in some part, due to the West's ambivalence to the fate of the Jews and also because of various technical and moral issues that arose at the hand of those on opposition to bombing.

I also looked at the changing interpretation in regards to David Wyman's 1978 article, which spurred further questioning and debate. Now, most historians, from what I have observed, believe that bombing should have been attempted. They argue that the number of people killed in the bombing would outweigh the number of people that would have been saved into the future.

I really loved my topic and I learnt so much from it. I'll be getting the mark back on Thursday... so hoping to get 37+ :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)