Suggestion for Arts Major (1 Viewer)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I was, until this week, a Gender Studies major within the Faculty of Arts. Unfortunately, the Department and myself had a few too many disagreements, so I am now looking for a replacement third Arts major. Any suggestions?

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
My major at the Conservatorium is Music (Composition), and I am also completing a Arts Music Musicology major as part of my Arts component. I was sort of hoping to do something that matches my Other interests. Something in computing, politics etc.

I don't know exactly what subjects are available.

Last edited:

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
Ooooo ... Major in history. It's sexy. It's vibrant. It's both ancient and modern. Oh, how glorious it is!

I don't have enough time for a complete pitch, so I'll leave you with Cicero's advertising slogan: Historia vero testis temporum, lux veritatis, vita memoriae, magistra vitae ...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I've considered a career in politics for many years, and it is still my intention to run for the position of Federal Member for Prospect in either the next or the following Federal election.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
I've considered a career in politics for many years, and it is still my intention to run for the position of Federal Member for Prospect in either the next or the following Federal election.
*sigh*

If you seriously want that then you should do politics units. Along with some law and economics units. You might learn something plus you will understand people when they make fun of you. You may even be able to argue back.

Last edited:

ManlyChief

HSC
erawamai said:
*sigh*

If you seriously want that then you should do politics units. Along with some law and economics units. You might learn something plus you will understand people when they make fun of you. You may even be able to argue back.
:) I like. And I agree.

Phanatical said:
But Chris Bowen is such a nice, sound chap. Why don't come up my way and run for Warringah instead? :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I think I've handled myself well enough over the last few weeks. I've argued against, and bested some of USYD's best law students in a variety of scenarios. I realise perfectly well that students consider me a joke - however I do find this offensive and quite upsetting as I take my work seriously.

I happen to know Chris Bowen isn't the paragon of virtue they show him to be. Also, I happen to live in the electorate of Prospect so that seems as good a reason as any to run for it.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
I think I've handled myself well enough over the last few weeks.
You think so. But so does mark Latham. There is a difference. Objectively I don't think many people think you handled yourself well. Post election fallout you only have to look to these threads to see that you are not made for public office. The views expressed would see people doing all they could to keep you out of public office regardless of the merit of your policies.

What you believe counts for nothing in the public sphere. Politics is about objective judgment in the eyes of the many.

I've argued against, and bested some of USYD's best law students in a variety of scenarios. I realise perfectly well that students consider me a joke - however I do find this offensive and quite upsetting as I take my work seriously.
People consider you a joke not because of the work you put in. Pauline Hanson worked quite seriously. This didn't stop people from considering her a (dangerous) joke.

Also the repeated 'I'm offended' line doesn't work well when you put yourself out there as a public persona. It only makes you look precious. Especially when you continuously call people 'faggots'.

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Your points are valid. However, they're inconsequential. When it comes down to it, elections are not won on the strength of a politician's arguments. They're won on a media campaign. And that's why, if I ran a HUGE campaign next year, i bet even YOU guys would vote for me.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
Your points are valid. However, they're inconsequential. When it comes down to it, elections are not won on the strength of a politician's arguments. They're won on a media campaign. And that's why, if I ran a HUGE campaign next year, i bet even YOU guys would vote for me.

I doubt it. After hearing some of what you said about politics in general (regardless of any of your policies) I wouldn't want you any where near public office.

Yes media has a large role to play in it. But being all 'its never my fault' *blame everyone but yourself* will never ever make you popular.

ManlyChief

HSC
Phanatical said:
Oh, yes, good Sir, I am that shallow. :rolleyes:

In fact - I think I am going to move to Wetherill Park just so I can be wowed by your media blitz for the seat of Prospect and vote for you! :)

gerhard

HSC
If theres one thing i can call you quah, its determined. Determined to the point of stupidity most likely, but determined nonetheless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)