suggest any tips for revising? (1 Viewer)

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
For me mind maps worked really well! Since there is heaps to know...the best start is to look at the syllabus and make mindmap for each topic as u go...this way u can view the topic in one go....i mean what it constitues and stuff....then...go section by section...and learn the headings and know a bit in detail about each point. Mind maps are useful...since it helps u remember what each section is about..also if u look at ur mind map...chances are that u'd be able to picture it in an exam.

i made mindmaps for all topics...and they were extremly helpful...

i'd try and post em up...if i am able to find the CD i burnt them on after the HSC :(

Last edited:

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
one mind map for each Topic...if u want me to email one to u as an example, i can.

it's too big to be uploaded here.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
if u want a great hsc mark for business then i recommend that u do this.......

u business studies hsc ppl should summarise ur business textbook starting now. make it like no longer than 10 pages a topic. make sure u read n understand ur notes on a regular basis

then

before ur trials summarise ur summary notes....cut it down from 10 pages per topic to just 5 pages assuming u understand the topic and u should b at the stage where u just hv the main points in ur notes which u can write a heaps about. DONT FORGET TO LEARN CASE STUDIES!

so therefore u will kill the trials and u wont hv to cram for the hsc coz u would already hv ur sick ass summary notes to revise.

gluck!

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
Jacaranda Cards and Revision

The jacaranda cards, although i havent used them have a great reputation, and they come in all the science subjects, maths and most humanities. You cant get them for any subject where u have electives though.
I have read thru the maquarie revision guide and it seems excellent, my friends all say that its great.
I would advise agaisnt the excel book as my business studies teacher has read thru it and the HSC course one is a load of crap (the PRELIMINARY on is ok)
personally, I dont use revision guides because i find that my own class notes are soooo much better. revision guides are always a generalised summary and just make many assuptions, especially the english and history ones.
I would just advise making notes using the syllabus dot points as study-note headings and making summaries so you understand them.

countrychick

The Jacaranda study cards can be obtained from www.jaconline.com.au.
I have them for Business Studies, IPT, General Maths, and Biology and I totally recommend them BUT ONLY IF YOU ARE DEDICATED TO USE THEM. Just because you have them does not mean you will do well, you have to use them.
A really good revision technique that is cheap to use is writing out each topic from the textbook using tabs on subheadings and minor headings for each topic so that you know whether that heading is a major one or a minor one. When it comes to an assessment task I write these headings out over and over and over for that one topic and it glues in ya head. If you teach yourself a unit at a time, you will get to know it. It is a really easy way of studying and once you know all the topics it takes roughly 15 minutes a day (which is nothing compared to say 45 minutes reading the study cards over and over).
I have posted my summaries from Sykes & Codsi for Business Management and Change & Financial Planning and Management as well as the Ratios needed for you all to look at so look at them, if you use a Sykes & Codsi book, get them cos its all done for you

countrychick

A summary for each topic in business should be no more than a typed page. If you are over that, you need to summarise your summary.
Buying revision books are good, but they are a general summary, not your summary. You should only summarise what you need to know (especially in maths), for eg, if you know that Financial Planning & Management is managing the financial aspects of the business, don't write it down, cos you are reading it when there is no point in reading it at all. If it's up top, don't be reading it all the time. Just think it.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
each topic or each chapter??... there is no way u can fit 5 topics onto 5 pages
i agree
i usually have a page per chapter thingy off the syllabus
i make summary note straight off the syllabus, makes it so easy, such a simple formula

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)