such a thing? (1 Viewer)

naq69

HSC
Hey i was wondering since im doin economics and IPT
is there a course which involves both subjects in unsw or sydeny or uts?

thanks

awaitingtrain

HSC
Wow, I can see you're rolling in enthusiastic replies... :cold:

USYD runs a Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of IT...... IPT and IT pretty much the same and commerce involves some elements of economics, not a very large perecentage however.

UNSW has a computer engineering/arts programme... they have economics as a major. I'd chose this one because the economics major covers all areas of economics and computer engineering is a booming subject.

HOW did i not know about UTS before?? It looks like an innovative university, i should look into it more.. anyway they have Information Technology/ international studies. You couldn't possibly run international studies without economics in there somewhere.

I know how annoying finding the right course can be, this coming from someone looking for a suitable degree for a Diplomat, so I really hope I helped you out. :D

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Hey i was wondering since im doin economics and IPT
is there a course which involves both subjects in unsw or sydeny or uts?

thanks
At Sydney you can do Bachelor of IT/Bachelor of Commerce major in Economics and either do the Information Systems stream where you do IPT concepts (making computer systems work for people) or Computer Science stream where you do lots of programming and operating system internals. You can learn more about the differences here. Also have a look at the sample timetable

At UNSW there is a Bachelor of Computer Engineering/Bachelor of Commerce. With computer engineering you study both the hardware and software and includes programming topics and electronics topics. It is similar to Syd's computer science stream.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)