Successology anyone? (1 Viewer)

lucidassembly

HSC
Has anyone done this workshop before? I've heard a few people mention that it's really useful, but I'm just wondering if the same basic study techniques we've been learning since the beginning of high school. Do you think it's worthwhile?

:)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Has anyone done this workshop before? I've heard a few people mention that it's really useful, but I'm just wondering if the same basic study techniques we've been learning since the beginning of high school. Do you think it's worthwhile?

I haven't done it, though I would recommend it (I've done similar kinds of workshops, which I found very helpful). By the sound of it, it is pretty detailed (3x 3 hour sessions) and it goes through a number of important things, such as uni-style essay writing (which is quite different to that of high school).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

I think this is the first year it's been run officially, so I don't think too many others would have done it, at least I don't remember it being run previously.

As for whether it's useful, I think that it's probably aimed more at those who feel unsure about or who want to improve upon their academic abilities and motivation. If you're fairly confident in your study/writing and motivational abilities then I think it may still be helpful to you in perhaps finding new methods of study/research/etc which you may not have thought of, but it's impact may be more to supplement your existing abilities or have a lesser impact than for someone who might not have a set ritual for study/assignments :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)