• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Subway: Coming soon! (1 Viewer)

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
I just walked past the old pinkie's shop in the shortland building and there was a little sign in the window saying "subway: coming soon"

And, considering it is lunchtime and i am hungry, this made me happy.

All i need now is for the stationary shop to sell instant scratchies and i'm set!

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
Yep, saw that today too. Someone told me we're getting a gloria jeans too. If they can get that done before exams, I think i'll have to pitch a tent outside.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
omg, that would be so cool! we could have a gloria jeans tent embassy... awesome!!

i vote darklight to instigate this!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
wow lucky people. i don't think we would ever get the big buisnesses on campus.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
if the subway is anything like the eagle boys you will have to pay $5 or something stupid like that for a quarter inch sub - unless you wait till the end of the day when they sell all the stuff that noone is stupid enough to buy for really cheap.

The unsold pizzas from eagle boys that the union sells at the end of the day for $2 taste like saladas covered in vomit, so i doubt that the subs would be much better

Last edited:
HSC
but the eagle boys situation isnt really good enough to be considered a pizza store in it's own right.

I'd assume that the Subway store will probably operate along similar lines with similar prices to that of other subway stores.

I heard we're getting gloria jeans as well, darklight.

I would personally appreciate a "wendy's" or "cold rock" also.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Having worked @Subway for nearly 3 years now, id be stoked if they came on campus bcos it would b "close to uni" haha.

Though, i think if u read the letter more closely, you'll find that its actually advertising positions at a Waratah Subway. (Hint to ppl considering job: That store is top 12 (out of 78) in the split-state rankings per weekly revenue, so dont expect a bludge job).

But I hope im wrong.

Would be better than Eagle Boys by a mile. $3.95 6-inch subs for the last 6 months or so in this region, so its not as though Subway would be expensive, only 70c dearer than members special from cafeteria.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The Subways around UTS and USyd usually give 10% discount to students, so hopefully your one will be the same?

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Having worked @Subway for nearly 3 years now, id be stoked if they came on campus bcos it would b "close to uni" haha.

Though, i think if u read the letter more closely, you'll find that its actually advertising positions at a Waratah Subway. (Hint to ppl considering job: That store is top 12 (out of 78) in the split-state rankings per weekly revenue, so dont expect a bludge job).

But I hope im wrong.

Would be better than Eagle Boys by a mile. $3.95 6-inch subs for the last 6 months or so in this region, so its not as though Subway would be expensive, only 70c dearer than members special from cafeteria.
yeah i read the ad for jobs at waratah, however, the builders were constructing something that looked suspiciously like other subway stores.

Furthermore, they had one of those salad cabinets out in the corridor.

jasee said:
The Subways around UTS and USyd usually give 10% discount to students, so hopefully your one will be the same?
Oooh! i hope so!

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
The_highwayman said:
yeah i read the ad for jobs at waratah, however, the builders were constructing something that looked suspiciously like other subway stores.

Furthermore, they had one of those salad cabinets out in the corridor.

Oooh! i hope so!
Ahhh, yeah I guess the space of the old pinkies looks about the right size for a Subway. Il give the manager of the Waratah store a ring, cos il b taking first dibs on a job at the uni one if it is infact a Subway.

Haha, 10% isnt that much off a sub really, but it all counts. :)

volition

arr.
HSC
The_highwayman said:
lol. let's all lose weight on a subway diet :D
stay away from that 'south west' sauce then aye.. it tastes soo good though

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
New gloria jeans is up and running! Except ..... it's just a little coffee cart :( I think it's just until their store gets fitted out or something though. Coffee was gooOOod.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
what are the prices like? I might check it out this afternoon.

off topic, but exam timetables are coming out at 2pm today :eek:

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
$3.20, so a bit more expensive. It was just out from where pinkies used to be, next to the old contact room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)