Subspecies - Are different human race a form of subspecie? (1 Viewer)

1bpcsmem

HSC
Out of curiosity, I was wondering whether you can regard differing human race as a form of subspecie. Does anyone know?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The human race is its own species, Homo sapiens, though you could certainly, though erroneously, refer to modern humans as Homo sapiens sapiens.

christoffpow

HSC
Out of curiosity, I was wondering whether you can regard differing human race as a form of subspecie. Does anyone know?
Yeah man. Well i wouldn't classify different races of homio sapiens as 'subspecies', but if you put it that way.. then yes. I mean think about it... compare an african to an asian. Different phenotype, but originated from same species - homosapiens. Compare the different colors and shapes of birds, and you'l see what i mean :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Yeah man. Well i wouldn't classify different races of homio sapiens as 'subspecies', but if you put it that way.. then yes. I mean think about it... compare an african to an asian. Different phenotype, but originated from same species - homosapiens. Compare the different colors and shapes of birds, and you'l see what i mean :)
Incorrect.

See: speciation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)