Subjects (1 Viewer)

hayhay2012

HSC
Hey everyone, I have to make my subject choices for year 12 2012 really soon and I was wondering if I could have some guidance
I currently do:
Ext 1 English
Ext 1 Maths
Chemistry
Economics
Legal Studies
Studies of religion 1 (compulsory)
Originally, I wanted to drop chemistry and gain a unit of english (extension 2) but lately I've been hearing bad things about legal scaling, and I really want a 95+ ATAR which I am not even sure is possible without Extension 2 maths... so what would you do in this situation? I don't like legal or economics much but I am good at them. I'm OK at chemistry too and I know I can go well when I study. Thankyou

thorax94

HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=259485-
YES! You can get ANY ATAR with ANY subject combination!
I am like you, I wish to drop a subject out of chem, physics or eco and pick up ext 2 math though. If you aren't trying for chemistry now, you may not be able to next year. Have you got your prelim yearly results back? Which one did you do better in? I am waiting for my prelim yearly results and will drop my lowest subject/ranking subject. I am pretty sure it will be chemistry.

hayhay2012

HSC
I didn't study at all for chemistry and I got just a few marks above average, then the teacher gave me my cumulative rank which is 12/40 and reccomended I stay. Wow, Extension 2 maths congrats, I wish I was smart enough for that. Do you think I can still get a high atar without it?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I didn't study at all for chemistry and I got just a few marks above average, then the teacher gave me my cumulative rank which is 12/40 and reccomended I stay. Wow, Extension 2 maths congrats, I wish I was smart enough for that. Do you think I can still get a high atar without it?
Did you not read the start of his post? You can get ANY ATAR with ANY subject combination - don't worry about not doing MX2 if you don't want to do it. Just choose the subjects you think you'll be able to do the best in, whether that's only 10 units or more. Do what you feel comfortable with.

hayhay2012

HSC
coming from someone who does all the highest scaling subjects...

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
coming from someone who does all the highest scaling subjects...
If you're referring to me, I do the subjects in my sig because I enjoy them, not because I believe that the scaling will help - that was never a thought.

Plus Music 1 scales bad.

hayhay2012

HSC
If you're referring to me, I do the subjects in my sig because I enjoy them, not because I believe that the scaling will help - that was never a thought.

Plus Music 1 scales bad.
OK, I'm sorry I judged :(

Pfortune35

HSC
last yearvat my school around 6-10 kids got over 99, none did mx2.
the dux got 99.85

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)