Subjects (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey guys i was thinking of doing these subjects (well have to do some of them) and was wondering if people could give me an overview of them i.e hardness etcc

ECON 335
ECON 350
ECON 360
ACCG 353
ACCG 350
ACST 300

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
econ335 and 350 are the easiest subjects you can do at uni.

Enjoyable and kind of useful too.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Don't bother doing acst300 unless you're forced to. I found it really boring and the lecturers are quite terrible.

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey i am in the current situation.

I have 16 credit points left..

I have decided i am going to econ 335, 350 and 360

That leaves me with 7 credit points left..

I was thinking of doing ACST300 as its a 4 credit point subject and doing a 200 lvl guitar music one cause i want to learn how to play the guitar :)

However you guys are saying its a shit subject what is so bad about it is it hard or just lots of boring content? what is the structure of the subject ie assessments.

Otherwise i will have to do 4 3 credit point 300lvl subjects (thinking doing accg353) and did would have to do 2 more 200 lvl subjects

This would be more expensive would it but is it worth paying more then doing acst300?

your advice would be much appreciated :)

Kutay

hello2004

ACST300's crapiness is due to quite a few factors.

First of all the content is boring as hell. And there is A LOT of content. Reading pages and pages of insurance and superannuation theory is not pleasant.

Second of all the teaching. When I did it we had the following lecturers:

Health Insurance: (can't remember his name) - boring as hell I didn't care about how experienced he was because he couldn't lecture for shit

Superannuation: Shauna Ferris - Really cool lecturer who keeps a very boring topic somewhat interesting. But you still have to do a ridiculous amount of reading

General Insurance: David Finnis - This guy gave us no direction and taught us with no structure. We were given three hundred pages of notes filled with a variety of random newspaper articles and summaries. But as I found out later the notes were not even close to being comprehensive! We still had to find a whole bunch of other readings in addition.

Life Insurance: Jim Farmer - Good lecturer, Great lecture notes BUT he sets ridiculously hard exams and tests. I heard that he didn't take it this year and that his replacement was quite poor.

So you have four sections each requiring a lot of reading and with two of them taught poorly.

In my four years of Actuarial Studies this was the only subject that made me want my money back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)