Subjects per semester (1 Viewer)

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
If you're a full time student, how many subjects do you have to take per semester? Is there a minimum? Do you really need to do 4 subjects?

L

LaraB

a fulltime student is deemed to be 3unit or more per semester.
You can do less, however, there are policies and limitations on whether you can do so... you should contact your course advisor and talk to them about it :)

That said... 4 units per semester is the norm...

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Thanks guys. My course structure is crazy because I changed majors and if three units is the minimum that would really help arrange my timetable.

pottsy44

HSC
i chop and change mine without permission lol, i did 3 units first semester and im doing 2 units this semester.

L

LaraB

pottsy44 said:
i chop and change mine without permission lol, i did 3 units first semester and im doing 2 units this semester.
yeh.. but if you're doing 2 unit you wont be counted as a full time student...

you need to do a min. or 3 to be full time

Even though you can sort of change when you want - you shoudl still always talk to the student centre or your course coordinator first, because if you shit it up you won't know until end of semester comes and you aren't issued a result because you were incorrectly enrolled as withsome things - you can be enrolled sufficiently to do tute rego and sit exams etc but not 100%... if you get what i mean.. and so all that effort is wasted..:)

not to mention all the newer stricter pre/co req stuff...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm doing 5 this semester. Its already killing me :(

Kulazzi

HSC
how come you're doing five?

On another note....

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??!?!?!

:p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Because I failed a subject last semester. And I don't want to spend any more time at uni. My course retires at the end of this semester, so I need to graduate this semester and complete all the subjects.

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
how did u get permission to do that extra subject? do they usually let you do that, or must you talk them into it?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I had to get permission to do 5 subjects, but they let me straight away as my course is retiring, I'm doing 4 level 300 subjects and 1 level 100. They just want everyone to graduate, so they had no problem with people doing 5 subjects.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
does only doing 3 subjects during a semester affect your GPA in any way?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I'd imagine it would have no effect on your GPA because in its calculation you divide the total by the amount of units you do.

For e.g.

Four Units
Unit 1: D
Unit 2: D
Unit 3: D
Unit 4: D

6+6+6+6 / 4
GPA = 6

If you only did 3 units and got Ds, the 4 unit semester would not result in a higher GPA. It would still be 6 (18/3)

That's my understanding of it, anyway.

melodic_gal

HSC
Well I don't really think doing 3 units would ruin the GPA, from what I was told 3 units is still consider a full time mode. More likely it really depends on yourself working at your own pace to suit your needs. for eg: if you can handle 4 units then go for it if you feel its too much to handle do three units comparing to see which suits you. atm Iam doing three units rather than four and I find that im doing better with three I find I have more time to focus on mystudies. =)

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
GPA algorithm should always be: total GPA/number of subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)