Subjects for Yr 12 (1 Viewer)

Kat 18

HSC
Hey...
just wondering what subject u guys think i should drop and why...at the moment im doing 13 units but i think i should do 11 cos 13 will probably be too much?
my subjects are:
Maths + extension
English adv
physics
chemistry
economics
modern history

thanks guys

Raginsheep

HSC
Depends on what you're good at and what you like.

Kat 18

HSC
well i pretty much like all my subjects and my marks are pretty similar across them all...im thinking of dropping chemistry or modern but ill probs have changed my mind by next week knowing me!

Raginsheep

HSC
Well then I guess its pretty much up to you. Of course you could do 13u till the end of this term and then see what you want to drop.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i seriously don't want to seem rude, but there was a thread that was similar to yours. i thought someone dug something from the BOS archives or something like of the such.

but i think you should either drop your worst subject, however, i would favour keeping 13 units rather than 11. there is a 2 unit cushion, and that is equivalent to an average subject which is worth 2 units.

Raginsheep

HSC
But 13 units is considered a fiar amount of work for the HSC. Most people do 11 or 12 units for the 1/2 unit cushion but 13 units is alot and generally unnecessary.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Raginsheep said:
But 13 units is considered a fiar amount of work for the HSC. Most people do 11 or 12 units for the 1/2 unit cushion but 13 units is alot and generally unnecessary.
i know, but i think that kate wants to keep the extension for maths. but it would be highly unwise to waltz into year 12 with less than 12 units. unless of course that you full ace your other 10 units.

i still stand by my minimum of a 2 unit cushion. if you are to drop down to 11 units, do it in the latter part of year 12. like i have said, very unwise. to do less than that of a 2 unit cushion.

Raginsheep

HSC
In the end though, its up to kat as to what she feels she should do. Also discuss it with your teachers and ask them.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Raginsheep said:
In the end though, its up to kat as to what she feels she should do. Also discuss it with your teachers and ask them.
true, and it would be a good idea to talk to your teacher since they would have the best judgement of how you are going in oyu r particular subject.

D

dick suffers

so far

4 maths
4 english
1 SOR
2 geography
2 ancient

but I might be dropping my extensions if they turn out shit or ancient if I can't stand it anymore

hopefully dropping ancient

impulse_17

HSC
just a word of advice from someone doing the hsc now...
doing too many ext units gets really annoying during trials and hsc... i mean ext 2 maths is probably ok cos it's only 1 exam per 2 units... but doing say ext 1 eng and ext hist instead of just another 2 unit subject means 2x 2hr exam rather than 1x 3hr exam, which means 2 completely different things that you have to study for and a more clogged up exam timetable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)