Subjects and Entry into Law (1 Viewer)

jaychouf4n

HSC
Do the subjects I do for the HSC have any bearing as to my entry into law or any course for that matter, or is it get the UAI and you're in?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
jaychouf4n said:
Do the subjects I do for the HSC have any bearing as to my entry into law or any course for that matter, or is it get the UAI and you're in?
Purely your UAI to get in.

However, most undergraduate law courses are all combined meaning that you don't just do law. You do law with something else such as commerce degree, science degree, social work, media, international studies and etc.

You will find that the other degree that comes with law may require some certain courses. For example, commerce may have 2 unit maths as assumed knowledge (it depends on which commerce it is too, 4 unit can even be assumed for a course like actuarial)

But they don't have any bearing to your entry. It's purely your UAI.

But be warned, for unsw, hsc bonus point doesn't apply to law degree. and it doesn't apply to some other degrees such as international commerce. However, such scheme such as EAS does give you bonus points for Law. (it's called broadway scheme for USYD and it rewards about 1.1 UAI bonus point according to last year)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)