Subject selections: Which one? STUCK! (1 Viewer)

jawiNANA

HSC
I'm in a bit of a muck right now! I need to choose 2 more subjects; i want a science one and something i enjoy or am interested in.

1. Chemistry or Physics?

2. Drama or Legal Studies?

Which one is better? Which one is easier to get band 6? Which one has better scaling?

muzeikchun852

HSC
I'm in a bit of a muck right now! I need to choose 2 more subjects; i want a science one and something i enjoy or am interested in.

1. Chemistry or Physics?

2. Drama or Legal Studies?

Which one is better? Which one is easier to get band 6? Which one has better scaling?
the higher scale out of the two sciences is chemistry..
physics u need quite a lot maths based

between the two other one..
legal studies is better in scaling..
however..
is not as high as the subject..
and it so called a scale down subject..
between the two..
i will choose legal than drama.

at the end..
it all depends ur interest!

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Don't worry so much about scaling, it only plays a small part in calculating your final marks. Focus more on interest. You're more likely to succeed in a subject you're actually interested in.

I found that physics was the easier of those two science subjects, but if you don't like maths, then it's probably not for you. Chemistry has some maths (mostly algebra based), but not as much as physics. I found that some of the concepts in chemistry hard to understand at first, and I didn't completely understand some of them until right at the end of the course.

I did Legal Studies in HSC, and found it was mostly just a way to get easy marks. The course content was interesting enough, but I'm probably not going to end up using most of what I've learned now that I'm done with it. It depends on what you want to do after you finish the HSC.

Just go with what you think is the better choice. Don't choose a subject based on scaling, especially if you're not going to find it interesting or it's going to be hard for you to get good marks in it.

lychnobity

HSC
physics u need quite a lot maths based
Bullshit. If you can sub values into a formula, and manipulate it, there's no reason you should struggle in physics. The hard part is understanding what's going on ie theory.

Out of drama/legal, legal is higher scaling, but both are atrocious in their own right.

I do legal, and it's interesting and applicable to real life, if that helps with anything.

clue444

HSC
Chemistry and Legal, but IMO I think physics is slightly easier to get a band 6 than chemistry.

laurajsmith

HSC
I'd pick chemistry, especially if you are doing bio.
Although personally I am a science NUT and picking all of them!

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
There's hardly any maths in physics as lychnobity said so don't worry.

Physics scales better than chem, but chem may be more useful in uni depending on what you want to do.

Legal scales better than Drama, but legal is quite content heavy.

In the end, you're going to have to sit in the subject for 2 years so pick what you like.
If you don't care then do the higher scaling ones XD

lychnobity

HSC
Physics scales better than chem, but chem may be more useful in uni depending on what you want to do.
I think you're wrong there anna, it's chemistry.

Imo, chemistry is much easier, the actual theory of figuring out why things happen the way they do. Physics was a nightmare to me.

Legal scales better than Drama, but legal is quite content heavy.
Very true, Legal requires lots of thorough knowledge of the subject. But on the upside, the work is very easy to understand. Memorising is the way to go.

jawiNANA

HSC
Well I can tell you guys next year i'm already choosing:

Advanced English
Mathematics
Economics
Music 1

And after high school I plan to study science, music and education at uni.
:)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Seeing as I have no idea what you are interested in, I'll answer that question on scaling.
I think Physics scales best out of all sciences but the two scale similarly.
Legal Studies scales better than Drama.

But don't think too much about scaling and more about interest and ability.

aLexTasyy

HSC
I was faced with the drama vs legals dillemma in year 10 too... they are on the same line at my school. my advice DO NOT PICK DRAMA AT ALL COSTS. I chose drama. And I've never been more stressed in all my life. especially when the teacher that I have isn't making things any better.... /rant. hope it helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)