Subject selections?? Making the right decision (1 Viewer)

Iccehy

HSC
Hey I need submit subjects in two days, and I still haven't made up my mind.
I'm currently decided on:
Ancient history
Biology
Food technology
Mathematics
Standard english
I still have one more subject to choose, and considering chemistry, IPT, buisness studies, earth and environmental,or jap beginners as options.
I'm still unsure what ill do in uni, but I'm confident it's animal, science or engineering related. I searched up some uni's to see if there prerequisites for chemistry, and most of them didn't need chem, although its recommended. I'm not great at science especially chemistry, so I don't know if I should choose it. Plus I think it'll be work overload if I do biology and chemistry. I'm worried that there might be a course in uni that requires chemistry, but doing a bridging course will be hard.

I want my last subject to not have as much theory as chemistry, and is fun and interesting to learn. Please list any of your favorite subjects that you thinks is like that thanks :)

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
You've solved the problem by yourself! Don't do Chemistry. You're not interested in it and don't want to do it, so do not feel obliged to.

Your choices are pretty good! I assume you are doing 2U Mathematics.

I suggest that Earth and Environmental Science or Japanese Beginners would be the most rewarding choices. EES would be great because it helps to develop your scientific knowledge further, and gives you a better appreciation of our world. It also compliments Biology nicely. EES is no where near as demanding as Chemistry, and involves practical work, so some people see the subject as relaxing and enjoyable!

Japanese Beginners would also be good because having another language under your belt makes you more competitive in the workforce. It also makes you more appealing in work/job interviews, because you can communicate to a new range of customers.

Good luck with your selections! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)