subject selections (did I make the right choice?) (1 Viewer)

rachxxxx

HSC
N/A
i want to study in the medical field and my chosen subjects are:

1. Adv Eng
2. Adv Maths
3. Ext Maths
4. Physics
5. Chem
6. Engineering Studies
7. Korean Beginners

Will these subjects be ok? I'm worried that I should've taken biology, but it doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for most medicine degrees

WeiWeiMan

HSC

1. Adv Eng
2. Adv Maths
3. Ext Maths
4. Physics
5. Chem
6. Engineering Studies
7. Korean Beginners

Will these subjects be ok? I'm worried that I should've taken biology, but it doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for most medicine degrees
Cracked Asian 5
Bio ain’t a prerequisite for med and if anything usually chemistry is (I think)

goodcat911

HSC

1. Adv Eng
2. Adv Maths
3. Ext Maths
4. Physics
5. Chem
6. Engineering Studies
7. Korean Beginners

idk if scaling for korean beginners will be that good (u should consider continuers if u think ur capable for it) but it wont matter if u do really well in it. otherwise, yep good choices.

Luukas.2

HSC
There are no subject prerequisites for most degrees, so that group looks fine. Biology is probably a better fit with medicine than Engineering Studies, but you'll be able to pick up anything you need at Uni.

2nd year biochemistry requires chemistry and biology at first year level, but they do sometimes grant an exemption for someone very strong in chemistry who didn't do biology - the biology they can pick up if they work hard enough - but they won't ever grant the reverse because the lack of chemistry is too much of an obstacle to overcome.

HSC
N/A

1. Adv Eng
2. Adv Maths
3. Ext Maths
4. Physics
5. Chem
6. Engineering Studies
7. Korean Beginners

TBH, you should drop one of the sciences otherwise the workload will be too much 4 u to handle bub

rachxxxx

HSC
N/A
There are no subject prerequisites for most degrees, so that group looks fine. Biology is probably a better fit with medicine than Engineering Studies, but you'll be able to pick up anything you need at Uni.

2nd year biochemistry requires chemistry and biology at first year level, but they do sometimes grant an exemption for someone very strong in chemistry who didn't do biology - the biology they can pick up if they work hard enough - but they won't ever grant the reverse because the lack of chemistry is too much of an obstacle to overcome.
thanks for your reply :D

I chose engineering studies because it was the most interesting out of the options, and unfortunately I couldn't fit biology if I wanted to do my other subjects.

C_master

HSC

1. Adv Eng
2. Adv Maths
3. Ext Maths
4. Physics
5. Chem
6. Engineering Studies
7. Korean Beginners

I mean yes but the inclusion of engineering studies makes your subjects more engineering orientated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)