subject selection (1 Viewer)

frankie93

HSC
Hi everyone

was wondering if anyone could help me. im about to choose my subjects for yr 12, and this is what im thinking of choosing.
maths ext 1
english ext 1
physics
chem
economics
and i have 2 choose between eng ext 2 or ancient history
in terms of scaling, which subject am i better off choosing? i trying out SAM and surprisingly, i get similar uai with either choice.
pls help!!

K

khorne

Don't be concerned over scaling..choose the one you like more, and which you will do better in. Thus, you will get a good mark, and scaling won't really affect you negatively...

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Scaling is not significantly good or bad for either.
So go for what you will enjoy more.
Personally I'd go for ex 2.

Depends whether you think you will have the personal determination to do the major work independantly without allocated class time, or you'd rather a class setting + more structure from ancient.

sydmed2010

HSC
i'm in yr 11 n i am currently doing ext 1 maths but i want to do ext 2 maths... but i didn't get good marks in 3u this year. Can the school stop me from doing it?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
i'm in yr 11 n i am currently doing ext 1 maths but i want to do ext 2 maths... but i didn't get good marks in 3u this year. Can the school stop me from doing it?
I suppose they would recommend against but they can't stop you from doing what you want to do. To be competent at 4U I'd say you would have to average AT LEAST 75-80% in 3U to cope.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Hi everyone

was wondering if anyone could help me. im about to choose my subjects for yr 12, and this is what im thinking of choosing.
maths ext 1
english ext 1
physics
chem
economics
and i have 2 choose between eng ext 2 or ancient history
in terms of scaling, which subject am i better off choosing? i trying out SAM and surprisingly, i get similar uai with either choice.
pls help!!
Don't choose subjects in terms of scaling but just to give you a GENERAL idea
Ext2 English > Ancient History

It comes down to whether you want freedom and complete just the one major project (Ext2) or doing exams and learning new things (Ancient)

I prefer Ancient since history is cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)