Subject selection (1 Viewer)

aimhigh10

HSC
Im sorry to bore anyone because there are so many threads asking similar questions about yr 11 &12 subjects, but I have to put in my choices soon and was just wondering whether there is anyone in the past or currently undertaking the hsc completing the same subjects..

I was thinking for year 11:
Eng adv
Maths ext 1
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
French

and then in year 12:
Eng adv
hoping to pick up Maths ext 2
Chemistry
Physics or Biology (not sure which one)

my school generally says that we should do 10 units in year twelve, so I would drop two subjects if i were to pick up 4-unit maths.. (just for your interest its ranked in the top 10)

what do you guys think?? have any of you done the same (or similar) subjects?
your responses would be greatly appreciated :) THANKS

Last edited:

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Well, I wouldn't be thinking of dropping before I've even started. Who knows? By next year yu my enjoy ll your subjects and have a hard time deciding what to drop.

aimhigh10

HSC
Aplus said:
Well, I wouldn't be thinking of dropping before I've even started. Who knows? By next year yu my enjoy ll your subjects and have a hard time deciding what to drop.
Yeah i know that - but i definitely know that im going to drop french in yr 12 anyway (the only reason im doing it next year is to fill up a necessary unit and im already doing well enough to continue with it)
thats why im not sure which science to drop
but thanks for the advice :)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
you got all those science subjects in year 11, are you sure that's what you want to learn? or are you just doing them to impress your parents, or because of the whole scaling rubbish?

i say you pick subjects you know you will enjoy and stick to them for the whole 2 years. what the hell is the point of learning chem or bio if you've already planned to drop them by year 12? why don't you replace one of them with a bludgey subj like pe or va? so you can afford to bludge?

maybe that's just me, i don't understand you kids nowadays.

HSC
wuddie said:
why don't you replace one of them with a bludgey subj like pe or va? so you can afford to bludge?
PE is the best subject for this purpose, thats why i took it up, with the intention of dropping for year 12. But I enjoyed it so much that i dropped it for about a week, then took it up again.
So definately don't pick your subjects based on what you intend to drop. Just pick subjects that you enjoy and think that you could do well in - thats all.
Good luck!

aimhigh10

HSC
wuddie said:
you got all those science subjects in year 11, are you sure that's what you want to learn? or are you just doing them to impress your parents, or because of the whole scaling rubbish?

i say you pick subjects you know you will enjoy and stick to them for the whole 2 years. what the hell is the point of learning chem or bio if you've already planned to drop them by year 12? why don't you replace one of them with a bludgey subj like pe or va? so you can afford to bludge?

maybe that's just me, i don't understand you kids nowadays.
my school doesnt offer pe.. i wish they did bc i lot of my friends at other schools are doing exactly that - picking it in yr 11 and dropping in yr 12

anyone whos reading this is going to see that im a complete nerd or something but i actually find i do better in science and maths than in english or history so thats the main reason why im choosing those subjects. Art is not really my choice of subject either. Im doing it at the moment, but if i had the choice, I wouldnt continue with it.

THANK YOU i really appreciate any advice i can get :)
and i agree- i really should do subjects which i enjoy

and also i didnt mention- THANK YOU babikakez as well

ital101

HSC
I thought I posted here...maybe it got delted...surprise, surprise, some dickhead has been deleting all my posts to spite me. Loser. Yeah yeah go ahead and delete this post too, but I'm going to post info relevant to the thread, so watch your mouse, don't click it and keep your eyes on the fucking screen.

Kiddo, great subject choices. Please consider taking a TAFE course (out of school time, you'd have to go once a week for about 3 hours each time, maximum 2 day a week 4 hours each day I would say).

Preparatory Mathematics and Science (Cert III)...probably relevant to your career according to ur subject choices.

https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/servlet/Course?Command=GetCourse&CourseNo=6508

from Rico. :D love ya ciao good luck!
PS I don't love you, it's just my way of saying bye lolz :D laters man!!!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ital101 said:
I thought I posted here...maybe it got delted...surprise, surprise, some dickhead has been deleting all my posts to spite me. Loser. Yeah yeah go ahead and delete this post too, but I'm going to post info relevant to the thread, so watch your mouse, don't click it and keep your eyes on the fucking screen.

Kiddo, great subject choices. Please consider taking a TAFE course (out of school time, you'd have to go once a week for about 3 hours each time, maximum 2 day a week 4 hours each day I would say).

Preparatory Mathematics and Science (Cert III)...probably relevant to your career according to ur subject choices.

You are seriously fucking annoying me. Stop giving shit about getting your post deleted, just fucking get over it. As I mentioned, there might be reasons why your posts got deleted and the moderators who did that are not dickheads. They are the most helpful group of people you can find on this website and they strive to maintain homeostatis by deleting irrelvant, poor-written, verbally abusive and other posts.

If you don't understand your problems, I suggest you talk to moderators via sending them private messages or go to "Contact the Moderators" page. They will be available to answer your questions as to why your posts got amended or deleted.

aimhigh10

HSC
ital101 said:

thanks heaps :D I might look further into this TAFE course you have written about
and sry about your posts being deleted

HSC
aimhigh10 said:
Im sorry to bore anyone because there are so many threads asking similar questions about yr 11 &12 subjects, but I have to put in my choices soon and was just wondering whether there is anyone in the past or currently undertaking the hsc completing the same subjects..

I was thinking for year 11:
Eng adv
Maths ext 1
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
French

and then in year 12:
Eng adv
hoping to pick up Maths ext 2
Chemistry
Physics or Biology (not sure which one)

my school generally says that we should do 10 units in year twelve, so I would drop two subjects if i were to pick up 4-unit maths.. (just for your interest its ranked in the top 10)

what do you guys think?? have any of you done the same (or similar) subjects?
your responses would be greatly appreciated :) THANKS

you have no choice..

you have to at least 10 units..to get your uai anyway..

rolror88

HSC
N/A
xXmuffin0manXx said:
you have no choice..

you have to at least 10 units..to get your uai anyway..

I think by that the OP meant that the school says that they recommend you do 10 units, not 11 or 12 etc.

aimhigh10

HSC
rolror88 said:
I think by that the OP meant that the school says that they recommend you do 10 units, not 11 or 12 etc.
yep yep thats what i meant
i would prefer to do 11, just in case though, but it wouldnt work out with my subjects anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)