Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

jackono

HSC
Hello,

Was doing some thinking today (yes i know) about my subjects for next year (its early i know but not really if you think about it). At the moment I'm doing:

English Ext 1
Maths Ext 1
Economics
Modern History
Drama
/12 Units

But next year I'm going to take English Extension 2 (definitely) and was planning on doing Modern History Extension. However, I'm doing marginally better in Economics so far although I am enjoying Modern History more. See if I keep Modern History and take up English Extension 2 and Modern History Extension Ill have 14 units, so I'll need to drop Economics (Drama cannot be dropped for various reasons). However if I drop Modern History because I am doing better in Economics that will mean that Id be doing 11 units, and I've heard doing less than 12 is not favourable.

A confusing post but I hope you cant make sense of it. Which route do you think would be the best to take?

Thanks

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
jackono said:
Hello,

Was doing some thinking today (yes i know) about my subjects for next year (its early i know but not really if you think about it). At the moment I'm doing:

English Ext 1
Maths Ext 1
Economics
Modern History
Drama
/12 Units

But next year I'm going to take English Extension 2 (definitely) and was planning on doing Modern History Extension. However, I'm doing marginally better in Economics so far although I am enjoying Modern History more. See if I keep Modern History and take up English Extension 2 and Modern History Extension Ill have 14 units, so I'll need to drop Economics (Drama cannot be dropped for various reasons). However if I drop Modern History because I am doing better in Economics that will mean that Id be doing 11 units, and I've heard doing less than 12 is not favourable.

A confusing post but I hope you cant make sense of it. Which route do you think would be the best to take?

Thanks
Modern history isn't that hard to get good marks in as long as you do your homework, read, know your dates and background information and know how to structure and refer back to questions. At the moment it's too early to decide on which subject that you want to drop at the end of year 11. I suggest you look at the HSC syllabus to see what interests you more and also talk to your modern history teacher about what topic will be taught next year. Probably you should keep both subjects until after you do your first year 12 assessments and see what kind of results you get. If you thinking of doing history extension, i suggest you only do it if you really enjoy history and are prepared to do a lot of individual reading and research. I believe it should really be a 2unit subject and also it doesn't have high scaling for a extension subject.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
jackono said:
(Drama cannot be dropped for various reasons)
i bet it's because of the girls that do drama with you

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
And you sir, should stop thinking that I reply to every post seriously as well :)
pssh. nahhh. i wasn't being serious then.. *angel face*
haha, i missed you. this place is addiction. never leave, never.

BUMP for threadstarter. Important points mentioned here in previous posts (none of mine, of course)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
i really dont like your subjects buddy ... anyway im better off doing 11 Units as some former HSC students who had 13 units did not achieve the UAI they hoped for ...

so next year ..

English Std.
Maths 2U
Physics
Chemistry
IPT

May Drop: Maths Ext 1
Will Drop: SLR

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
I suggest ridding yourself of drama. It sounds mismatched in your current course of study. Or maybe it's just me.

tennille

HSC
basketcase89 said:
I suggest ridding yourself of drama. It sounds mismatched in your current course of study. Or maybe it's just me.
Maybe he is doing drama to take his mind of his current course of study. I was interested in doing maths and science at university, yet, I did food technology to take my mind off my other units. Additionally, he has mentioned that he is unable to drop drama for various reasons.

HSC
Tennille said:
Maybe he is doing drama to take his mind of his current course of study. I was interested in doing maths and science at university, yet, I did food technology to take my mind off my other units. Additionally, he has mentioned that he is unable to drop drama for various reasons.
yeah yeah i agree

PRE-AMERICAN IDIOTISM GREEN DAY = WAAAY BETTER.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)