subject selection inquiry (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
Also, I got another question (sorry for the annoyance), my math teacher is urging me to take maths extension but I honestly do not know how I will go in the subject. Of course, I can drop it but I just wanna know if it's worth it or not. Cause the recent maths test this year I have done fairly well. 57/60 (statistics and probability) also note I was overseas so I had to fo the test a week after everyone else, 34/35 (trig) It had almost no 5.3 questions except the last 2 or 3) and my recent one 61/62 in Algebra where I got all 5.3 questions right except made a silly mistake in 1. However keep in mind that I go to a regional school, so I do not know if the tests here are easier than ones in higher-ranking schools. So any advice on whether I would be alright for maths extension and how can I get through it with relatively good marks in order to get a 90 atar?
Yes give maths extension a go, and if you manage to do well in it it could help your ATAR a lot. The worst case scenario is that you drop it, but it’s a one unit subject so that shouldn’t stop you from dropping something else.

Keep in mind in the 2022 HSC according to data from rawmarks.info and the UAC scaling report, a 45% raw mark in maths extension 1 translated to a 90 ATAR. Worth keeping in mind

jilly12

HSC
Yes give maths extension a go, and if you manage to do well in it it could help your ATAR a lot. The worst case scenario is that you drop it, but it’s a one unit subject so that shouldn’t stop you from dropping something else.

Keep in mind in the 2022 HSC according to data from rawmarks.info and the UAC scaling report, a 45% raw mark in maths extension 1 translated to a 90 ATAR. Worth keeping in mind
how much more commitment will I have to give to maths ext. As I am not quick with understanding concepts however get better through rigorous practice. But I will need to balance it as I have other tough subjects like chemistry.

carrotsss

HSC
how much more commitment will I have to give to maths ext. As I am not quick with understanding concepts however get better through rigorous practice. But I will need to balance it as I have other tough subjects like chemistry.
it’s not that much, keep in mind it’s only one unit and so there isn’t actually that much content. just have a consistent schedule so you don’t fall behind and you’ll be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)