Subject Selection HELP - Bachelor Science (Pharmocology and Nutrition) (1 Viewer)

Anniiez

HSC
Hi everyone,

I am entering my first year of university this year and enrolling is really stressing me out. I am doing a Bachelor of Science with major in Pharmacology and Nutrition. After looking at the course structure, I have been planning my subject selection for 1st year of study. My plan is:

1st Year Semester 1:
MATH1001
MATH1002
CHEM1101
BIOL1001 or BIOL1003

1st Year Semester 2:
MATH1003
MATH1005
CHEM1102
MBLG1001

What do you suggest that may need some fixing up ?
Will this clash with any subjects for second year in terms of meeting prerequisites ?
What did you do in your first year for your Pharmocology/Nutrition major ?

Thanks,

A.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
All the information about majors and unit prerequisites can be found in the online Science Faculty handbook: http://sydney.edu.au/handbooks/science

As for your current units, I think it is worth noting, if you haven't realised it already, that you are only doing 18 credit points per semester, when it is standard to do 24. Generally you are recommended to do 4 subjects (24 cp) per semester, however, first year maths subjects only count for half the amount of a normal subject (3 cp). So effectively, you should be doing 5 subjects a semester in your first year.

You don't have to do this of course; all that means is you'll have to stay at uni longer to meet the requirements of your degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)