Subject selection for Year 12 (1 Viewer)

bossleymaths

HSC
hey everybody

i need some help in deciding what to drop. i am having a conflict between dropping studies of religion and physics.

my prelim mark for SOR was 57 % but i did not study for it at all.

my prelim mark for physics was 68% but i studied as much as i could have studied.

i am definitely doing engineering studies, advanced English, extension 2 maths, business studies BUT do not know if i should do 11 or 12 units.

Any help will be much appreciated.

-tal-

HSC
Consider this:

Do you want to do the "good" subject (physics) for bad reasons? Or do you want to do the "bad" subject (SOR) for good reasons?

If you feel "bad" for choosing what you like better, then be selfish, choose the "bad" subject.

From your post, you've lost all faith in yourself when it comes to physics. You might be able to regain that, but it's extremely hard - especially if you don't like the subject (which I wouldn't know, I'm assuming).

You're looking for something/someone to base your decision on; you want someone to make the decision for you, and if it helps, I'll do it for you. I'll tell you right now, choose SOR.

bubblesss

HSC
i'd say work ur head off with physics. it's more related to ur other subjects which will be a benefit.:D

bossleymaths

HSC
Wouldn't be too hard if you do 12 units as in the subjects that i have like having physics, engineering, advanced english and 4 unit maths.

doesnt the maths take too much time and then i wouldnt be able to focus on other stuff, thats why if i did do SOR then i will have 3 periods off

beve

Jesus
HSC
Keep physics. Just keep the consistent study and revision up. =)

bossleymaths

HSC
i can see that many are saying to do physics but can i ask why. could someone please say why i should do physics rather than SOR, thats where i am stuck.

My SOR teacher said that it is scaled the same as physics and that i should do SOR because it is an easy subject to get good marks.

But on the other hand my physics teacher said to drop SOR and keep physics

help please

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
bossleymaths said:
i can see that many are saying to do physics but can i ask why. could someone please say why i should do physics rather than SOR, thats where i am stuck.

My SOR teacher said that it is scaled the same as physics and that i should do SOR because it is an easy subject to get good marks.

help please

As previously mentioned, it's just that physics seems to fit in a little better with your other subjects, namely 4u maths and engineering studies.

-tal-

HSC
bossleymaths said:

help please
The teachers are clearly biased.

And for the record, physics DOES NOT scale the same as SOR. It, in fact, scales higher (but very marginally). Now don't think I'm trying to convince you to do physics because of scaling... no no no. Scaling is a shit reason for doing something.

The others said physics because it's apparently a better subject than SOR, and it's related to your other subjects . But I'll ask you this: why the hell should you bother with a subject that you don't like and suck at?

Worse comes to worse, flip a coin. Whatever you're hoping the result is, go with it. The gut instinct's usually right.

bossleymaths

HSC
-tal- said:
The teachers are clearly biased.

And for the record, physics DOES NOT scale the same as SOR. It, in fact, scales higher (but very marginally). Now don't think I'm trying to convince you to do physics because of scaling... no no no. Scaling is a shit reason for doing something.

The others said physics because it's apparently a better subject than SOR, and it's related to your other subjects . But I'll ask you this: why the hell should you bother with a subject that you don't like and suck at?

Worse comes to worse, flip a coin. Whatever you're hoping the result is, go with it. The gut instinct's usually right.
LOOOL i flipped a coin 3 times and 3 times it came out physics hehe

OliverQ

HSC
do whatever you like

if you like religion do it

either of them you can build your skills and do really well

however if you like and are more interested in religion it'll be easier

uni's dont care about what your subjects are and if you need physics that bad there are bridging courses

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)