Subject Selection (14/15 Units) (1 Viewer)

raxal

HSC
I've got a little over a week to finalise my subject selection/s for Year 11. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what career path I'll head down later on in life, so I've selected the following subjects to open up as many doors as possible:

• Extension 1 Mathematics
• Mathematics (Advanced)
• Extension 1 English
• English (Advanced)
• Physics
• Economics
• Legal Studies
• Visual Arts
• Studies of Religion I (compulsory)

I'm just worried that 15 units will be too overwhelming. Unless I ace 3U English, I don't intend on continuing the 3rd unit in Year 12. That will, however, still leave me with 14 units.

Ideally, I would like to have 12 units in year 12.

I really dsislike religion and find it extremely unnecessary to enforce it upon students. I do have an option to drop down to a non-ATAR religion course (Catholic Studies), but figured that, if I need to do the course for 2 years, I may as well make it count (any help on which religion I choose would be helpful, too). I don’t imagine the 1 unit course being ridiculously difficult.

In maths, I've always achieved high marks and topped my advanced class without putting in a large amount of effort, despite having a slight lack of motivation towards the subject. Out of the 50 or so people involved in advanced maths, I’m pretty sure that I’m coming between 5th-7th.
In English, my marks are generally slightly lower than maths, but I chose the 3rd unit purely out of interest for the subject (and creative writing).

Just to add some additional information; both my maths and English teachers have said that I’m capable of doing 3 units of the subject/s (maths and/or English).

Any help or assistance that anybody can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mx3

HSC
N/A
It's OK to pick 15u initially year 11, you'll have a better idea of which subjects to drop! Just drop your least favourite subject(s) in term 1.

You're correct, you shouldn't be doing more than 12U in yr12.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I would drop English Extension 1 and Visual Arts.

If you're not seeing yourself doing English Extension 1 in Year 12, just keep to Advanced English.
English Extension 1 is a very, very difficult and intricate subject - very different to Advanced English.

wu345

HSC
If you're doing that well in maths, why not do 4 unit? It will help your understanding of physics too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)