subject choosing issues (1 Viewer)

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
hi peoples,
my subject choices are due in next wednesday (30th july) and i'm kinda freaking out about what i want to be doing.
i want to do
english (not sure which level..probably advanced)
mathematics
biology
geography
economics
business studies

but my dad was telling me about how i shouldnt be doing business studies..i dont know what his problem with business is, he never did it for his hsc so he doesnt know what the course is like. i've read through the all of the info about business and asked a few teachers about it and i'm really interested in doing it.. so, what should i do?

any help would do :)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Do Business Studies because if you are interested in it it is more than likely you will do good in it.

forkyspoony18

HSC
If that's what you are interested in then do it, because then you're more likely to do well at it. And if you end up not liking it, you can always drop it in year 12 :)

jazzbaby

HSC
do business. you know you want to.

and your interested
my friends tried to convince me to do chemistry instead of business because of scaling but i knew i wouldnt do well in chem and i hated science altogether. so i refused to give in lol
and now i am coming 8th /40 something for business

not bad eh

anyway what im trying to say is do it if your interested and if u think you will do well in it
ur dad is not doing the hsc so dont let him influence you too much

good luck.

ashalea08

HSC
hey

i dnt do business studys but my mates do, nd they are alwayssaying how hard it is even tho they are interested in it...but if ur confident that u wana do it then go for it....
wat else is on your line of bussiness studys?

xoxo ashee

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
ashalea08 said:
hey

i dnt do business studys but my mates do, nd they are alwayssaying how hard it is even tho they are interested in it...but if ur confident that u wana do it then go for it....
wat else is on your line of bussiness studys?

xoxo ashee
actually, we don't find out our lines or whatever until everyone hands in their forms and the people who work it out make the lines so that they can get as many people doing all the subjects they want to do..so apart from maths & english (which are on separate lines), no subject is guaranteed. as backup subjects, i'm thinking of earth & environmental science or modern history..but i'd rather just do the subjects i want to do.

HSC
heys
if ur gonna do economics, u should business too then coz business makes it easier to unerstand concepts and stuff in eco.

HSC
nhoustonrocks said:
hi peoples,
my subject choices are due in next wednesday (30th july) and i'm kinda freaking out about what i want to be doing.
i want to do
english (not sure which level..probably advanced)
mathematics
biology
geography
economics
business studies

but my dad was telling me about how i shouldnt be doing business studies..i dont know what his problem with business is, he never did it for his hsc so he doesnt know what the course is like. i've read through the all of the info about business and asked a few teachers about it and i'm really interested in doing it.. so, what should i do?

any help would do :)
nike: just do it

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
☆ said:
heys
if ur gonna do economics, u should business too then coz business makes it easier to unerstand concepts and stuff in eco.
In addition to that, the subjects do sometimes overlap and they help each other out. But it isn't necessary to do Business and Economics together, you will most definitley be able to understand the Business concepts alone without any Economics background and the same goes for Economics.

If I were you though, because I'm particularly biased towards scaling, I advise you to choose Economics over Business Studies because it's a very woolly subject and has bad scaling. Go do something else outside from the Social Science area because you might find yourself sick of Social Science one day only to see that your timetable is filled with 4Units worth of Social Science. Get some REAL Science into you! But that's just my opinion :rolleyes:

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
do business if your interested in it, dont let your dad influence you. i dont do it but my friends like it; the only negative thing they say is these is alot to memorise.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Business Studies is the single most interesting subject that exists in the HSC curriculum.

I would have gone to TAFE if I could not do Business Studies.

*going to another thread to say the same thing for Biology, Mathematics, English and SOR I*

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
namu, you seem to like all your subjects except chemistry. Are you going to drop chemistry next year?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
nerdsforever said:
namu, you seem to like all your subjects except chemistry. Are you going to drop chemistry next year?
Likely. I will see. But I certainly don't enjoy it and it will never count towards my UAI at this rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)