Subject Approval? (1 Viewer)

mc1007

HSC
Hey just after some help regarding preliminary subjects for 2010.
Just wondering your thoughts on my selections:

Maths Adv.
Maths Ext. 1
English Adv
Studies of Religion 1 (Compulsory)
Biology
Legal Studies
Economics
What are your thoughts on Biology as a subject?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
yeah seems fine, biology is a decent subject.
lots of people do similar subjects to that.

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
Hey just after some help regarding preliminary subjects for 2010.
Just wondering your thoughts on my selections:

Maths Adv.
Maths Ext. 1
English Adv
Studies of Religion 1 (Compulsory)
Biology
Legal Studies
Economics
What are your thoughts on Biology as a subject?
wouldnt u like physics better?
anyway, bio is pretty cool tho

MissGiggles

HSC
biology is mindnumbingly easy for everyone i know who is doing it and myself. if memorising chunks of information is a talent of yours then you are going to do excellent in it. a lot of it is common sense. you should already be able to give reasons why australia is part of gondwana and be able to write lots of crap about ecosystems.

but i hope you are prepared to give up your social life for maths ext. 1. i started with it and lasted a term. i finished 9th in my year in year 10 but i don't do homework. which is why bio is good and maths is bad for me.

english advanced moves in sudden bursts and then freezes. one day you will just watch a movie. bludge. then maybe three weeks later you can be asked to write a thousand words over a week about the representation of gender or the state of the society portrayed. keep on top of the formatives and you will have nothing to panic about. most of the time it's pretty frozen.

studies of religion is a subject i could go on forever about. so easy. especially for students in the catholic system since kinder. it's basically religion for dummies 101. you just have to learn a few basic beliefs, a few important people's names, a few symbols ect. nothing complicated.

i approve of your subjects (not that that really means anything) and hope i havn't scared you off them or put you to sleep with this essay. ext. english rubs off lol :)

HSC
biology is mindnumbingly easy for everyone i know who is doing it and myself. if memorising chunks of information is a talent of yours then you are going to do excellent in it. a lot of it is common sense. you should already be able to give reasons why australia is part of gondwana and be able to write lots of crap about ecosystems.

but i hope you are prepared to give up your social life for maths ext. 1. i started with it and lasted a term. i finished 9th in my year in year 10 but i don't do homework. which is why bio is good and maths is bad for me.

english advanced moves in sudden bursts and then freezes. one day you will just watch a movie. bludge. then maybe three weeks later you can be asked to write a thousand words over a week about the representation of gender or the state of the society portrayed. keep on top of the formatives and you will have nothing to panic about. most of the time it's pretty frozen.

studies of religion is a subject i could go on forever about. so easy. especially for students in the catholic system since kinder. it's basically religion for dummies 101. you just have to learn a few basic beliefs, a few important people's names, a few symbols ect. nothing complicated.

i approve of your subjects (not that that really means anything) and hope i havn't scared you off them or put you to sleep with this essay. ext. english rubs off lol :)
i dont agree with all that stuff you said about bio. gondwana land and ecostyems is nothing, and i mean nothing like year 12. its not even mentioned in year 12. and you need to know how to apply knowledge not just memorise it or its not going to get you anywhere.

maths ext. 1 requires alot of work which is why i dropped it plus i hated it. so i agree with that stuff.

and yes agree with everything about english advanced also and studies of religion.

MissGiggles

HSC
i dont agree with all that stuff you said about bio. gondwana land and ecostyems is nothing, and i mean nothing like year 12. its not even mentioned in year 12. and you need to know how to apply knowledge not just memorise it or its not going to get you anywhere.
i hope next year is more detailed and interesting, but that is what year 11 bio has been like for me. i obviously don't know what year 12 is like yet. and of course you need to know how to apply the information you learn. but if you know the information then usually you can follow your instincts as to how to apply it. eg. explaining how scientific theories change with technology: we took our worksheets on the development of the microscope and the development of cell theory and mixed them together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)