subheadings (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
for people who are doing critical responses, are you using subheadings to divide up your work into sections? i want to do that for clarity but my teachers told me not to. they said "change each heading into the topic sentence for the next paragraph" but i dont want to do that. any suggestions??

Jinglebell

HSC
i haven't decided about subheadings yet...although i think it may be necessary in order to make it flow, since i have pretty drastic topic changes...i know a friend of mine is kinda doing hers in chapters...

i don't see why there should be a problem, 4500 words or whatever is pretty long to just have straight out, you'd think efforts to make the structure clearer would be welcomed...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Yeah i know ay? But one of my teachers is a marker, and shes like "no dont do it"... but i think it would make everything clearer... not to mention cut down on words, of which there arents enough.. so yeah boo you miss! hahaha

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Hmmm... maybe have a look at last year's high scoring ext 2 works?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah don't do subheadings do topic sentences cos its an essay not a report and the markers will see this as a weakness in your ability to structure

Jinglebell

HSC
one of the critical responses on the 2001 showcase had subheadings...

i'm still torn, myself, coz i know it's an essay and all that but mine is almost like 3 'mini-essays', each addressing a different topic (race/religion/gender) and using a different shakespeare lay and element of 'the simpsons'. right now, without some sort of subheading for each section it just seems really jarring going from one section to the next.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yeah same... it links a little but it seems a bit stilted just moving from section to section

chip

HSC
i think year 12 is right i dont think i'd do sub headings

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
gah, something else to stress about.. i was going to do sub headings cos i couldnt find any other way for it to flow on and make sense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)