Stuvac (1 Viewer)

Lazy Lankan

HSC
With stuvac approaching, what do u think is more benficial?

1. One subject per day

2. A bit of time on each subject - per day (approx 45 min to an hour per subject)

BTW how long do u plan to study per day ?

SipSip

HSC
N/A
How long is stuvac again?? was it two weeks??

Anyway, my advice is do a little bit of everything each day...

start off with somehting you're not strong at and then end with something you are...it'll help you remember...

You can't really "allocate" 45min on each....it's more like spending more time on subjects that you feel insecure about and there's no point in spending more time on a subject you're already confident with...

My advice is...when you walk into the exam room, almost everyone knows the stuff....some even knows more than you, but what determines whether you'll do well or not is not the amount of knowledge you have but more like the amount of confidence...knowledge plays a 30% role while 70% is confidence...try to build that up before the exam and you'll do fine!! good luck!!! ;)

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
Lazy Lankan said:
With stuvac approaching, what do u think is more benficial?

1. One subject per day

2. A bit of time on each subject - per day (approx 45 min to an hour per subject)

BTW how long do u plan to study per day ?

2/ so you dont get bored with the same one/ variety is always good, and so you dont blitz one exam but like fail the rest

Lazy Lankan

HSC
Hey thanx for the quick response guys. I'll take the suggestions on board.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
.. also maybe you should experiment though and find what works best for you! our study ways mightnt do it for you .. so yeah just muck around and say what gets good result and is effective

em_516

bludging..
HSC
yeh..i thought stuvac was 2 weeks..but it's only 1 :(

i would do a subject a day just coz that's what works better for me...i take a while to get started..so doing 45min blocks, i wouldn't get much done..

Squary

HSC
My maths teacher gave our class good advice on how to know when to study what.

If I do a normal school day following the school timetable (during StuVac) then I will cover each subject equally well. This means that I don't FAVOUR things I find easy. It also means I don't waste time trying to work out a study timetablec- the school has already done it for me. Then at the end of the day instead of coming home and doing homework I can rest and watch TV or go out with friends.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
that's actually pretty clever, i'll use that!

gloomy

moo
HSC
Squary said:
My maths teacher gave our class good advice on how to know when to study what.

If I do a normal school day following the school timetable (during StuVac) then I will cover each subject equally well. This means that I don't FAVOUR things I find easy. It also means I don't waste time trying to work out a study timetablec- the school has already done it for me. Then at the end of the day instead of coming home and doing homework I can rest and watch TV or go out with friends.
yuh thats what my maths teacher says too >_>

stupid know-everything maths teachers

yook

HSC
thats a good idea... might use it too! amazing..

but wat if ur class is out of lined timetable and is on/off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)