Stupid Wall Planner (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Who the heck designed this year's wall planner? The one they hand out with the diary, I just plastered my one up only to notice that there is absolutely no room to write anything on it...

Stupid union people...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I have to agree. Especially the dates that already have events labelled, they leave absolutely no room at all. There is potential in increasing the box sizes and minimizing the size of the actual sponsors + pictures and logos etc.

gman03

HSC
Yes this year's planner is annoying, while the student diary improved (IMHO).

I just bought some uni food today, realised now they have changed to use Sauce Card (yes, sauce). I find it pointless. What does the Sauce Card prove? I paif the uni fee? or it does it mean "look I picked up a student diary so I support the Union and not VSU"? THis is bull shit.

Anyone know how can I complain about the union (which if VSU kicks in I will endure one more semester of their services). Where are those cool stuff that the union member candidate offered during the election goes? did I miss the cheap coffee that one of the guy promised?

I hate how there are 12 people serving you food in the Quad Food COurt but only 3 people at the counter (and 1 which has to service the cafe part of it).... Why do I have to hold hot content for more than 10 minutes? Where is my motivation to pay union fees next semester? Union people, don't call me a cheapass if i don't pay fee next semester, you kinda MADE the choice for me.

/end rant

Vylen

HSC
Well, the "sauce" card is also used for discounts outside of campus (im sure you already knew that).. and thats cause it has the "Where To Enjoy" logo in it... and in "good" manner, the Uni uses the same concept for discounting..

gman03

HSC
I am thinking of taking the wall planner off now and put it back on when semester 2 begins.

re Sauce Card:

I dislike the card mainly because I find it unfair when one of my internal student friend who pay so much to study and get told he cannot get a discount with his student card (which can prove he paid for the union fees) but need some card that came alone with the student diary (which he never uses so didn't pick one up). He save a lot of paper in my opinion, at a cost of $0.45 cent extra on his sandwich.

I want both student card and sauce card be accepted on at least the food outlet.

For the record sake, do we use sauce card or student card for discounts in Zippy?

Vylen

HSC
you use the source card if there is a "Source Outlet" logo on the building/room...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I didn't pick up a diary either (I never use the damn things). I didn't know about this 'sauce' card.

Luckily I rarely buy food on campus anyway.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
gman03 said:
I want both student card and sauce card be accepted on at least the food outlet.
I've used my student card at food outlets, and newsagets, as well as my student card. Both seem to work just fine!! Lol you can pick up source cards without being a student- rock up to o-week, put some fake details in and off you go!

I also think the diary has improved, but the wall planner - at least 25% is advertising the Source themselves, and not calendar space!!

elfm

HSC
is there any where that you could still pick one of these source cards up? i couldn't be bothered lining up for a diary and a card i presumably didn't think we'd need, if past years were anything to go by.

i know the collonade (downstairs) doesn't accept student cards.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
elfm said:
is there any where that you could still pick one of these source cards up?
Should be able to get them from the Source Reception, located in the Blockhouse.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I picked one off the ground if anyone wants it. Seriously, how are they gonna know it's not yours? There isn't even a name or picture on it.

Vylen

HSC
RCMasterAA said:
I picked one off the ground if anyone wants it. Seriously, how are they gonna know it's not yours? There isn't even a name or picture on it.
that depends... im sure they process membership id's to go with student id numbers since technically the university doesnt provide the off-campus discounts...

e.g. my dad used the source card to get a discount of ABS Tuning or whatever it was... they needed my membership id and student id... so, go figure

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Bah, I bet a lot of people on here have more than one of those union/source cards!
Come on, who didn't sign up more than once for the discount booklet....

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol, my friends took about 4...and they got them all in one day, in less than 7 hours...it's kind of idiotic how you have to fill in a form that they never read/process.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Vylen said:
that depends... im sure they process membership id's to go with student id numbers since technically the university doesnt provide the off-campus discounts...

e.g. my dad used the source card to get a discount of ABS Tuning or whatever it was... they needed my membership id and student id... so, go figure
I doubt they're tagged in any way, there is little to no point in doing so- all students already posses a student card that has all relevant information tagged to them.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
The source cards are tagged, yes ie. there is a membership number. However, they do not appear to be linked or associated with our student numbers.

For example, when you got your diary/card did you see them put down ur student number to go with the membership number? From what I saw, they just chuck the slips we fill in into a different box and grab a card/diary for us, I can't see how they would link it to our student number.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
My cousin worked in the diary stall and I can tell you for certain that there is no way they can trace back to who the card belongs to, neither will they bother to do it.
Filling out the forms to get a card served an entirely different purpose, one which most people can figure out for themselves...

gman03

HSC
politik said:
If you see the signs near the checkouts where you use your source card, they explicitly state that no identifiable information is given with your source card.
If you see signs near the checkouts, you are probably waiting in the queue for too long :p

I see a LOT of signs over the years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)