Stupid police bastards kill four people in high speed chase. (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I don't think anyone was advocating that.
well they are already pretty strict about calling of chases, and I think that restricting the police any more would be effectively not giving sufficient chase.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
well they are already pretty strict about calling of chases, and I think that restricting the police any more would be effectively not giving sufficient chase.
Yeah, on having reconsidered, maybe lots of people were advocating exactly what you suggested.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
i am not being black and white
i was to an extent to try and enlighten these "police should chase baddies even when it causes significant dangers to the public!~!" tards
who seem to think that if police chases are restricted that public order will break down~

Lukazade8122

HSC
It's not the police at fault, they are doing their job. Who had a gun to the head of the people speeding? Who forced them to drive at a dangerous speed? Who was in control of the car?
The police weren't. So why blame them for the death of 4 people?
If the people behind the wheel of the car weren't speeding in the first place, none of this wouldn't have taken place, and no one would of lost loved ones in this incident. Yes i will say police officers do need more training. But for highway police, they do undergo a elite driving test, they are more than capable of driving at dangerous speeds in a fully equipped sports vehicle.
If you are dumb enough to test their ability on the road, especially at dangerous speeds, you must be aware of the outcome. And unfortunately these four people lost their lives because of idiot behind the wheel of the car that was in pursuit by the police.
Shooting out of a window of a police vehicle is more dangerous than chasing them. You are doing to things at once firstly. Secondly, what about the others that are on the highway, what if something were to happen to them? The police would get the blame. They wouldn't risk the lives of others because of idiots speeding.

If you're going to be the moron that speeds for a thrill, then you might as well bungee over rocks with no rope attached to you, because it all ends the same way.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
If you're going to be the moron that speeds for a thrill, then you might as well bungee over rocks with no rope attached to you, because it all ends the same way.
awww but mum!! all the cool kids mums let them do it :guitar:

mizzroyalty

HSC
N/A
police obviously need faster cars
270+ kw SS commodores obviously arent good enough if people can get away

outfit the entire highway patrol force with zr1 corvettes

and the threat of being murdered by the police will also help deter a lot of criminals yes it will

Outfit the Highway Patrol with Corvettes?

Impressive use of tax payers money, why not just hire the Magic School bus?

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
ffUUUUUUUU'

yes that was a serious post~

but yes why not? cost vs benefit

increased acceleration vs cost

current highway patrol cars are quite fast but there are also a few cars that can outrun them (hsvs, wrx sti etc, fairly cheap cars)

wouldnt a faster patrol car be the obvious next step
no one will outrun a ZR-1 corvette
and they are also quite cheap for the perforance
used in some states in america

what was the point of your post again?

mizzroyalty

HSC
N/A
ffUUUUUUUU'

yes that was a serious post~

but yes why not? cost vs benefit

increased acceleration vs cost

current highway patrol cars are quite fast but there are also a few cars that can outrun them (hsvs, wrx sti etc, fairly cheap cars)

wouldnt a faster patrol car be the obvious next step
no one will outrun a ZR-1 corvette
and they are also quite cheap for the perforance
used in some states in america

what was the point of your post again?
Ok, well firstly WRX's arn't cheap and R8's (HSV'S) are $A80k 2nd hand, so they too arn't cheap. Taxpayers money should go towards more police cars (quantity > quality) and license plate capture systems(sorry didn't know a clinical term for this.)

Also, what is the chance of your said Corvette being in the same area/ district of a criminal?

Ahh well, at least you live up to your name.

mizzroyalty

HSC
N/A
Ohh wow, those Corvettes are $US110 000 and is a two door coupe.

Because a highway policemen is going to put the offender in the boot?

Sounds Ritard-ed to me.

Dyldodeath

HSC
the kid was a repeat offender and he has been in jail before.
he stole a car and drove it up to 200km/hr
hes 23 and he knows the law
he chose not to stop or even slow down once police had, or even backed off the throttle a bit.
If they hadnt of chased he probably do it again, as he is already a repeat offender.

If we stopped high speed pursuits then RBT checks would most of the time be useless, and the drunk driver would continue posing risks to the general public.

the police have no fault in this in my opinion, and most of the articles i read think the same. If people had the common sense to obey the law everything would be fine. It just dead shits like him that put people into this very tragic situation.

only fault police have is not locking him up for longer the first time he stole a car and endangered lives.

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
thanks for completely misinterpreting what i am saying to you

i was being facetious

regardless

wrxs are the same price as SS-V commodores?

actually the new limited edition hsv would be better as it is only $5k dearer than an SS-V but has an extra 47kw.

$110,00 us is quite cheap for one of the fastest production cars you can buy

and by the logic itt, if we had even faster highway patrol cars, then police chases would be more effective~ (my original point)

you advocate quantity over quality lol? so we should get the police suzuki swifts (we can buy 4 for every SS-V!!!)

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
the kid was a repeat offender and he has been in jail before.
he stole a car and drove it up to 200km/hr
hes 23 and he knows the law
he chose not to stop or even slow down once police had, or even backed off the throttle a bit.
If they hadnt of chased he probably do it again, as he is already a repeat offender.

If we stopped high speed pursuits then RBT checks would most of the time be useless, and the drunk driver would continue posing risks to the general public.

the police have no fault in this in my opinion, and most of the articles i read think the same. If people had the common sense to obey the law everything would be fine. It just dead shits like him that put people into this very tragic situation.

only fault police have is not locking him up for longer the first time he stole a car and endangered lives.
~because career criminals who choose to disobey laws against theft etc are going to obey police directions to pull over~~

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
if people had the common sense to obey the law everything would be fine

Ritard_

Banned
HSC
police shouldnt even apprehend people
they should just chase them until they pass out from exhaustion
or
die

Bananaberry

HSC
To those who are saying the police are to blame, please get real.
If you had a kid or something that was in a car and it got stolen, what would you expect the police to do?
The dude who stole the car was a criminal. He had stolen a car previously and ended up in a coma becuase of it. Ge was given a second chance at life, and now he's gone and done it again and he's dead, and deserves to be.

The people that died were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and the family needed someone to blame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)