Stupid Copywrite Thingy (1 Viewer)

Natto

Hey Everyone :),

I have been browsing Kazaa lately, and downloading some songs, and until now I have had no problems. ;)

But recently I have downloaded a couple of songs that have this high pitch screech half way through them, sometimes the whole song is this unbearable sound. An example is "The Strokes - 12:51"... I have downloaded this song from kazaa like 5 times, and each time I made sure not to get the same one as last time, But all of them had some form of this bloody noise.

I am thinking that people are corrupting these files with horrible sound so they cannot be illegaly shared.

I need to keep building my music Library, Is this a problem for anyone else, can you help me :( ....

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
um i cant help you but it happens to me too. it was pretty scary the first time because i didnt know what was going on or what id done but yeh..
i dont think theres too much you can do about it.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
lolz...okay due to kazaa infringing on US copyright laws. RIAA has decided to take some of its services online and deliberately destroy contents and files....then they upload shit files for users to download....like mp3's which screech after halfway...but dont worry its only a matter of time before they realise its a loosing battle.

Hope that clears things up

Zahid

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
yeh sometimes i download songs and it plays the first 15 seconds of it then it stops and repeats it.. the whole song is like the first 15 seconds repeated
and i downloaded it from like 3 people :|

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
dont buy the album...lolz...why would you when you could download the whole thing for free just goto www.supermusic.nu to download te latest full albums

Zahid

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
ohh yea i forgot only download from there if u hav broadband cause 56k cant handle that site.

oh and in reply to cro_angel....that happens if tracks are looped thats why when downloading mp3s always look for the biggest size the difference may only be 2 or 3mb but i guess its worth it...rather than downloading corrupt files.

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Zahid: Why buy the albums? If everybody keeps downloading, there'll soon be no need for CD stores and then where will the royalties come from?

Royalties = Profit = Being able to make music = CD's/Music for the public.

Last edited:

crazyhobo

Originally posted by zahid
dont buy the album...lolz...why would you when you could download the whole thing for free just goto www.supermusic.nu to download te latest full albums

Zahid
ya, lolz, why buy stuff wen u can steal? :rofl: dats so stooopid. like if u wernt supposed to steel why can u do itz haha

Natto

Yeah we are stealing, I guess, If you wanna look at it that way. I prefer thinking that we are sampling a small part of an album, and sharing them with others.

And Whoopdi Doo if Eminem or Madonna cant buy another mansion in holywood, because we are not buying their album.... I am sure they will survive with the hundreds of other mansions.

:)

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Natto
Yeah we are stealing, I guess, If you wanna look at it that way. I prefer thinking that we are sampling a small part of an album, and sharing them with others.

And Whoopdi Doo if Eminem or Madonna cant buy another mansion in holywood, because we are not buying their album.... I am sure they will survive with the hundreds of other mansions.

whatever helps you sleep at night

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC

Don't be so fucking naive. I don't see a problem downloading a single or two, so my comments weren't directed at you.

Fuck Madonna or Britney Spears, what about under-promoted bands that you may break into? You like a band, you buy their album, you show your support and that allows them to keep churning out great music.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Loz#1
Don't be so fucking naive. I don't see a problem downloading a single or two, so my comments weren't directed at you.

Fuck Madonna or Britney Spears, what about under-promoted bands that you may break into? You like a band, you buy their album, you show your support and that allows them to keep churning out great music.
^^

i wanna make it clear i have no problem with downloading music from the internet, i do it all the time. the thing is, i actually go out and buy albums that ive downloaded and liked. if it weren't for the internet i probably wouldn't have bought an album in the last few years, as the stuff i hear on the radio doesnt interest me.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle

do you mind if i use that excuse next time my conscience questions my actions? it seems to be working for you.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by crazyhobo
^^

i wanna make it clear i have no problem with downloading music from the internet, i do it all the time. the thing is, i actually go out and buy albums that ive downloaded and liked. if it weren't for the internet i probably wouldn't have bought an album in the last few years, as the stuff i hear on the radio doesnt interest me.
But downloading entire albums are just a waste of the creators time and by buying an album from an actual store they are rightfully credited for their work. Like I said, nothing against the net, but if it's being used as a subsititute then it's just plain stealing. That's just my opinion.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
Originally posted by Loz#1
But downloading entire albums are just a waste of the creators time and by buying an album from an actual store they are rightfully credited for their work. Like I said, nothing against the net, but if it's being used as a subsititute then it's just plain stealing. That's just my opinion.

whats your opinion on downloading something say like, an old beatles album, or an ac-dc concert, ones not really available elsewhere?

personally i download mp3s all the time (i have quite a large collection) but the majority of it is old music which i am getting into, music which i wouldn't even know of if i didnt download them. Anyway, i still purchase new cds and music dvds (bought quite a few
recently) to add to my collection.

i see nothing wrong with what i do, but im just curious as to your opinion.

oh and i dont use a pitiful excuse such as the guy above and his crying about taking mansions away from musicians

crazyhobo

bootlegs (that is, live music that is only available because someone from the audience taped it) never counts as stealing imo. i know that radiohead has actually supported sites that offer mp3s of their live concerts. 30 year old albums are a bit of a grey area for me. ive bought a few albums, stuff from the doors and beatles, etc, but i never feel a great need considering most of the people who made the music is now dead. if i download a recent album that i like and dont buy, then i feel guilty, but i dont feel the same for older albums, so i dont always buy them.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
hmm you should try diversifying the users of the musics ur d/l, cos i tried d/l dis single and i tried from 4 diff users *cos mayb i was desperate 4 it and it WAS John Mayer, until the 4th user had the whole song without that annoying scratching fuzzy sound arghh its so ear splitting...

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Personally, I like the high screechy noises.. they reassure me that my eardrums are still capable of breaking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)