STuffed up my hsc (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
hey guys, im really depresd now n feel like going through a nervous breakdown . well my problem is like the whole of last term we completed like a module for each of my subjects and i really really slakd off, like i seriously dnt noe one thing at all from my modules . we've started like our second module this term , and i was wondering do u guys think i can possibly catch up on the work. like at the moment i feel so guilty and everytime i think about the hsc i feel like ive failed already and stuffed my hsc up. i feel like just giving up, i have no motivation nymore. however the gud thing is that i did really gud im my assesments. do u guys think ive already stuffed up my hsc?

thanx

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
No.

1: If you went well in the assessments you can't know absolutely nothing about the subjects.
2: There's plenty of time to revise material. Look at textbooks, handouts, friends' stuff, etc.
3: There's more than just the one module in the HSC.
etc.

Just keep working and revising and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
It's way too early for regret. You haven't stuffed up anything. The trials and HSC exams are worth 3/4 of your HSC outcome, and that's not to mention you haven't even gone through half of your assessments yet.

If you feel terrible now, think about how much worse it would be at the end of this year if you keep slacking off. That should probably scare you into working harder. :p

Kebabci Oglu

Professional member
HSC
gadbil said:
hey guys, im really depresd now n feel like going through a nervous breakdown . well my problem is like the whole of last term we completed like a module for each of my subjects and i really really slakd off, like i seriously dnt noe one thing at all from my modules . we've started like our second module this term , and i was wondering do u guys think i can possibly catch up on the work. like at the moment i feel so guilty and everytime i think about the hsc i feel like ive failed already and stuffed my hsc up. i feel like just giving up, i have no motivation nymore. however the gud thing is that i did really gud im my assesments. do u guys think ive already stuffed up my hsc?

thanx
Selam Gadbil heheh, well if u went good in assesments its alright then cause thats what counts. I was the same i had no idea what was going on in class but thats why u go home and do study. I recommend u get some books like excel, cause they really help ya fast.

aussiechica7

HSC
Honestly, if you have that attitude you will fail :( but if you say to yourself "I stuffed up but I am able to catch up and work to the best of my ability, nothing is too hard for me. If I am diligent with my work, I will make up for one module's worth of slacking. I can do it" you have a MUCH better chance of doing well this year. It's all about attitude :).

And no I'm not a motivational speaker haha.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hmm, welll let me tell u, that u weren't the only one that felt like that.

felt that i stuffed up my english mark for hsc. i got below 50% in my essays / assignments. The best mark i got was like 12/20 or something. not that good.
Anyway, after putting more and more work into english, and going to tuition, writing my own essays for my tutor to mark, i started to get better.

just put in more effort into your studies earlier than i did, and u have a chance of getting a good mark.

and another thing, if u have tried ur best, there is NOTHING in the world that can make u feel otherwise.

my english mark, is mediocre. but i'm over the moon about it. why? coz i realised that i was underperforming and spent a lot of time in it to do the best i could.

hope that helps you somehow.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
gadbil said:

thanx
No. It's very easy to get back on track and make up for marks, as it's still early days. Even if you stuff your internal assessments, you still have a chance to make it up through the actual HSC, as a lot of my friends did. Confidence, determination and hard work will get you far.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Agreed, that's a big NO. If you did well in your assignments then you would have to know the information and content otherwise it would be impossible of you to complete the assignments.

The HSC is more then 8 months away you haven't even completed half of your HSC assessment mark yet or gone through the major exam periods so it is to early to have thoughts like that.

It's your HSC and your mark you have to find the motivation because nobody is going to make you. Just get back on track with your work and study and you should be right.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Hey, look, I've *really* stuffed up my first assessments, and that is markwise, and I'm not "giving up" and just let the marks slide any lower. Pull yourself together, man. It's not even like you've actually already got bad marks for the assessments. Don't just say that you're gonna give up. :rolleyes:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Spending time worrying about the HSC won't really help you, it would probably only lead you to more grief. You can instead use that time to start again, do work and organise what you will do in the week and for the rest of the year.

Through this way you can come back on path. Just remind yourself that you can make a solid start now, instead of worrying about the HSC.
Try to picture yourself, say, the 28th of March, where you are still worrying about the HSC. You would definitely prefer to make a start now than then.

It ain't too late.

jaaaaay

HSC
awww! don't feel bad, it's not too late to catch up at all!! just work really hard and you'll get back on top

well for me... i didn't do too well in my 3u maths assessment, but i did well in 4u maths and physics... so that gave me an indication that it's not my ability, i just really need to work on that subject more... =.=

so don't give up =] and ban yourself from procrastinating! xD

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Dude.

You have 8 months left until your HSC.

I was 2 weeks away from it thinking the same things, yet I pulled together, put my ass down on the seat and worked harder and I came out reaching my goals. You have nothing to worry about. Just don't dwell in self-pity or else you'll enter a vicious cycle downwards that doesn't get you anywhere.

Chin up. Fighting is not about if we win or lose, it's about how well we can get back up and keep moving forward after receiving incredibly heavy blows. During your HSC you will face thousands of blows - I assure you. Just keep on going. Nothing feels better than a sense of accomplishment. lol... gotta love Rocky 6 :D

cmckie

HSC
If there is one thing that I have learnt over the last few months, it is that no matter what happens with the HSC, you just gotta put it behind you and keep on going! I found in year 11 that if I got a bad mark in a subject I would just stop trying in that subject because I had the attitude that I had already mucked it up, so there wasnt much point me trying to redeem myself. But its so not true!! Dont let anything worry you, if you can fix it, do, if you cant, move on! :)

oersorctibe

HSC
That sounds exactly the same as what happened to me. I slacked off completely in the first term of year 12 and felt so guilty I couldn't bear it. Just to give you an idea of how crappy I went, I got 16/25 for the Modern History assessment and 9/15 for the English one. I'm not sure how badly you did, or how badly you think you did, but don't give up whatever you do. I picked up my act (i.e. I actually took notes in class, revised near exams, etc) and ended up getting marks which picked up my UAI heaps (87.25). I still got some pretty awful marks for some subjects throughout the year but that just goes to show that just because you do terrible in a few assessments, that doesn't mean that you're doomed.

Good luck!

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Hey dont stres too much u have nothing to worry about you still have so mucht ime left so there is enough time there to catch up but dont forget in the process to stay on track with all ur current modules or u will dig urself into a hole...but at the moment u dont have too much to worry bout

HSC
Chillax. You have plenty of time. Panic if nothing has changed 8 months down the track, not now.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Dont worry, you're HSC isn't stuffed I promise :)

You did really well in your assesments and you've realised fairly early on that you did the wrong thing by slacking off - so now you can fix it!

I missed almost the entire first term of year 12 and didn't manage to catch up during the holidays, so about this time last year I was really behind as well. I managed it though, so theres hope for you :p It's not impossible to catch up, you have plenty of time! Just dont let yourself give up, that's the only way you're going to screw your hsc.

sideshowtim

HSC
I'd estimate that you still have about 90% of your final mark to still get yet. You'll be fine. One thing you must learn about the HSC is to never be disheartened by your results early in the year. If you get a bad mark, move on, there is NO point dwelling on it and getting depressed all you can do is move forward and use it as motivation to do even better in your next assignment or assesment task.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

1. You 'did really gud', so why THE FUCK ARE YOU COMPLAINING.
2. Stop feeling 'depresd', you're not going through a 'nervous breakdown', you just want us to stand back and admire how absolutely amazing you are to be able to have 'really, really slakd off', not 'noe' a single thign, and yet go 'really gud'.
3. 'do u guys think ive already stuffed up my hsc?' - have the teachers not yet drilled it into you enough about how it's early days?
4. ' i feel like ive failed already and stuffed my hsc up. ' YES YOU WILL, if you continue typing like this...
*Overexcessive use of 'like',
- 'my problem is like..'
-like i seriously dnt noe one thing at all
-like at the moment
- now n feel like
- i feel like
-i feel so guilty
- i feel like just
BY GOD YOU 'FEEL' ALOT.

- i did really gud
- like i seriously dnt noe one thing at all
- i was wondering do u guys think i can possibly catch up on the work
loalz. pwned.
I like you alotz :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)