Studying/Memorising Bio Notes... (1 Viewer)

Justina

HSC
Not too sure if there's a similar thread to this already (sorry if there is), but I've been trying to study bio during these holiday and i'm having trouble absorbing all the info.
I have a general idea of all four topics, but there are still many key definitions/point i should learn really well. And well, looking at my folder of bio notes, it's all looking a bit overwhelming.
So i was wondering if you guys could share some study techniques? I've tried sticking those sticky notes all over my room and stuff but i don't even bother reading them. Right now i'm trying to memorise points and write 'em out again without looking but its taking forever, and i'm not sure if i go back again later i would remember it all. I've worn my brain out throughout this year -.- cant absorb anymore...

so yeah, help? =]

AkaiHanabi

Thread killer
HSC
Justina said:
Not too sure if there's a similar thread to this already (sorry if there is), but I've been trying to study bio during these holiday and i'm having trouble absorbing all the info.
I have a general idea of all four topics, but there are still many key definitions/point i should learn really well. And well, looking at my folder of bio notes, it's all looking a bit overwhelming.
So i was wondering if you guys could share some study techniques? I've tried sticking those sticky notes all over my room and stuff but i don't even bother reading them. Right now i'm trying to memorise points and write 'em out again without looking but its taking forever, and i'm not sure if i go back again later i would remember it all. I've worn my brain out throughout this year -.- cant absorb anymore...

so yeah, help? =]
Personally, I find that reading the quick check questions in the Jacaranda textbook, answering them, and reading up on the parts I can't answer helpful to reinforce what I know.

Unfortunately, I haven't actually finished my notes on the entire topic, and it's a little late to write notes... so I'm screwed. But I'm relying on stuff that I've learned in class, which I'll hopefully remember =/

frogbutt

Ugliest Member
HSC
have a look at heaps of past papers and you'll notice most of the questions dont require recall at all because they're trying to avoid rewarding us for rote learning a bunch of things that dont really mean much.

the questions are often more about UNDERSTANDING and PROCESSING information. i dont know if that helps you but most old students just say doing a million past papers with your text book open should help the most possible.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
past papers and dotpoint
summarising again and again works if you need to memorise stuff

danz90

HSC
frogbutt said:
have a look at heaps of past papers and you'll notice most of the questions dont require recall at all because they're trying to avoid rewarding us for rote learning a bunch of things that dont really mean much.

the questions are often more about UNDERSTANDING and PROCESSING information. i dont know if that helps you but most old students just say doing a million past papers with your text book open should help the most possible.
i agree 98%

i don't agree with doing an open book past hsc. do it with wats in ur head.. and then u can identify any weak areas and go back to ur notes/textbook to pull up in those areas.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
I found reading over notes (I have tons of summary books - main source of marks) and doing the HSC Past Papers with that knowledge helps, anything I don't know I just refer to my notes / books. Pretty much helps me - at the very least - determine what I do / do not know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)