Studying help and stress relief (1 Viewer)

LittlerCandy

HSC
Ok, so I pretty much have chronic stress over pretty much everything in my life. When I started year 11 at the start of this year I even began to stress about the HSC exams. Now I'm beginning to stress that my stress is causing me to become forgetful and unable to remember much of what I learn in class anymore. Does any one have some tips that I could do to help relieve stress, I already exercise a fair bit and eat a healthy diet.

Also, I wasted a lot of time in year 11 playing Xbox and stuff so my study habits are currently in poor condition, I was wondering how I could start a good study habit.

Hazballs

HSC
Just start off slow, don't try throw your self in to doing 3-4 hours a night.. Start by just doing your homework and going over what you did in class that day, then after a couple of weeks start writing up some notes and summarizing what you have done.. You can also do some practice questions and past papers as you go. Also don't study for to long, study for 30-45 minutes then take a break (Go watch tv, or do some exercise for 15-20 minutes and then come back and do some more study) and get lots of sleep!

funstudy

HSC
Don't stress about the HSC exams- honestly, even if you don't get into what you want, you will still get there, despite however long it takes.

I would say keep up the daily exercise, talk to your family/friends/teachers when you need help.

Re; study habits- take breaks to refresh. don't do past papers just yet, youd'd want to wait until you've solidifed your knowledge through study notes etc. And put any distractions aside- turn off your phone, limit the amount of time spent on the net.

starshine02

HSC
Maybe you could do yoga to relieve stress? I heard it works for some of my friends and it doesn't take too long and it's good as a small workout too.

Just remember to take appropriate breaks when studying and to divide up your time/work to do so that you don't get overwhelmed by everything at the same time. Try to begin good studying habits by just completing homework on the night it was given. Then you can slowly build up to doing work other than just homework.

TooSleepy

HSC
^ yesyesyes, sleep and exercise :)
and i have like a ten minute break every half hour or so (easily distracted....)
plus, if you just manage to keep on top of your homework everythings pretty much fine! like..i'll get home and get homework out of the way relatively quickly (unless the evil maths teachers have overburdened us) and then it gives me the rest of the evening so if i'm really tired and theres nothing urgent i just chill (and then i feel pretty relaxed the next day) or if im not tired then i'll just go through they days work and if there's assignments to do i work on them

like....pretty much just staying in control of your school work/life/whatever is pretty good for stress...when its like school related stress (i find)
and if im really stressed and just not getting anything done i stop trying to work, go for a half hour jog, come back have a shower etc. and then im more in the work zone :p
oh and....stop worrying about hsc, its a year away! just have a plan for what you need to get done in the next few weeks and try not to look much further then that....(there could be exceptions, but...)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, so I pretty much have chronic stress over pretty much everything in my life. When I started year 11 at the start of this year I even began to stress about the HSC exams. Now I'm beginning to stress that my stress is causing me to become forgetful and unable to remember much of what I learn in class anymore. Does any one have some tips that I could do to help relieve stress, I already exercise a fair bit and eat a healthy diet.

Also, I wasted a lot of time in year 11 playing Xbox and stuff so my study habits are currently in poor condition, I was wondering how I could start a good study habit.
loosen up because until you do, you won't do well. A little bit of anxiety before an exam is ok but having chronic stress in the beginning of prelim because of exams at the end of next year is too much

start at 1-2 hours a day and gradually increase. Assuming you chose subjects you're interested in, it shouldn't really feel like work

continue exercise and eating healthy but don't be very self-conscious of yourself

Capt Rifle

HSC
Just chuck your xbox in the bin and everything will be fine, trust me.

Karly Louise

HSC
Personally as a year 12 student currently doing my HSC atm I advise you to write summary notes for all your subjects as this will help you revise and become easier for you come time for your hsc. Keep everything up to date and if you have extra time revise your work that you are doing now so it will be fresh in your mind . Create an effective study time table and stick to it. An easy way to do this is to follow your school time table and the time when you have your allocated subjects spent time to study on those subjects and come time for recess and lunch you take those breaks when you receive study periods it is up to if you want to complete extra work or take a break.

Hope this helps x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)