Studying at lunchtimes? (1 Viewer)

swisstruffles

HSC
We all have less than 2 terms left, and i am wondering, if you spend all/most of your lunchtimes studying or doing work, would it be beneficial towards your schoolwork and assessments in the end?
And does anyone do this at the moment?

kini mini

HSC
I spent my year 12 lunchtimes playing 500 for the most part. The only time I used them for work/study was when there was an assessment or homework due.

Of course every minute counts, but you have to relax sometime. If you think you work better at school than at home, working at lunch is probably a good idea.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
At High School, NEVER! :)
At University, REGULARLY! :(

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
At high school, I don't think I studied at lunchtime even once. Or during a study period, for that matter. ;)
It might be a good idea, but I wouldn't go spending all my time cooped up in the library...year 12 should also have a social/fun side.
Unfortunately, I hav spent every break at UNI for the past several weeks in the library. :mad1:

Last edited:

bobo123

HSC
i usually spend lunchtimes on basketball courts
but the stupid rain puts off all but the most hardcore of players

bobo123

HSC
i wana play table tennis as well
too bad my school is so povo we got no tables

erm...... spam.....GO MATRIX !
:D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by McLake
I don't have a lunchtime anymore .... :(
Ah well ... Really?!

I actually only have one officially long lunch time ---> 3 hours!
Otherwise, lunch is often eaten in lectures ... :p

Noelle

This thread made me so sad... aren't you guys cherishing your last days of school life? I could never part with my lunchtimes...I'm really gonna miss sitting around and talking crap with my friends when i finish school.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by Noelle
This thread made me so sad... aren't you guys cherishing your last days of school life? I could never part with my lunchtimes...I'm really gonna miss sitting around and talking crap with my friends when i finish school.
Mmm, there's certainly some truth in those words...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
mmm.... but lots of my lunchtimes are non-existent.. they are my early leave

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Noelle
Thats very true. The HSC may be important to you, but I guarantee you will regret it if you let go of the social side of high school, and all you remember of your year 12 days was study, study, and more fucking study.
Besides, I'm sure you could have a break at lunchtime and make up the 45 mins you would have spent studying in the evenings-maybe miss laf an hour of your regular tele, or spend less time on the net, and there ya go! Or while travelling to and from school-for some people that time can really add up.
Though maybe studying during lunchtimes around important exams is a smart move to make.

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
WHAAAAAAAAT ON EARRRRTTTTHHHHHHHHH>???????

Did i miss something?
studying at lunctimes?!?!?!?!

maybe it's just my opinion (in which case it's still a damn good one anyway) but lunchtimes are meant for lunch. and gossing and bball and being the no-gooders year 12s are supposed to be.. don't u guys have a rep to keep up?!

on a more serious note, perhaps it'll make a minor difference, but i really don't think it'll compensate for the sacrifices you'll be making.. we only have two terms left, that's right. but that's two terms of school that we should cherish and appreciate. Believe me, i don't study at all in my lunchtimes, or even in my free periods (unless it's right before exams).. and i do fine... all you have to do is concentrate when you do actually work. When you study, STUDY, don't go round forums asking silly questions.. it seems like more of a waste of time than giving up 33 minutes of freedom...

is it just me or is hsc very overrated?

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
I never study at lunchtime, however I usually devote my lunch break to do an assignment if its due in the next day (I have a habit of leaving everything untill the day/night before...)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i dont think i have ever studied in a lunchtime at all... people used to sit round cramming if there was a test/exam after lunch. i never did... lunchtime is not for studying, either are study periods i leanrt...

we had to leave the school grounds in our "frees"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)