studying and organisation (1 Viewer)

jacksonsteele

HSC
hi people I am just wondering how everyone stays organised with their studying. What I mean is, I have all this content across all my subjects, and obviously is continually going to be more content added as the year goes on, but how do you guys make sure you are revising everything you need to revise in a subject across all subjects? I just can't seem to get my mind around this and its effecting me because I will finish all my school work (homework, assignments etc) and I have all this time left but I don't know what I should study or revise because I just have so much! Which means I end up doing nothing most of the time haha.

any tips or personal experience would be much appreciated! :)

icycledough

HSC
Seeing that you are in Year 12 (not the recently graduated ones, but 2022 HSC cohort), I would recommend a few things:

1) After school each day, spend half an hour to an hour on each of your subjects just revising what was learned in that day (you can spend this time doing practice questions, doing ACTIVE recall, watch Youtube or Khan Academy videos (personally 2 of the best online sources I used) for concepts you don't get; then on the weekends, when you obviously have more time, you can go through the week's worth of content again (meaning you go through everything twice).

2) In your upcoming summer holidays, you can split up the 6 weeks into going through what you have learned in the term. If you do sciences, they normally will have finished Module 5 or maybe started Module 6, so you can dedicate the holidays going through these. For maths, past papers and questions are the way to go (given you have learned all the necessary theory and concepts behind the topics). For English, you could revise your text, maybe write practice essays if you wanted to. If you finish these things early in the holidays, I don't see any harm going a bit ahead with the next modules/texts/topics which will be taught in school. Just make sure you don't go too far ahead where it comes to the point you don't understand what you are reading.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
So I think it's most important to have your notes regularly updated. I.e. whatever you do in class, make sure your notes are done for that. (Or better yet, stay ahead of your class - that way you can ask questions in class and it'll be better since you'll basically be going over content twice. For the notes, use the syllabus to scaffold headings, that way you cover all content.

When tests come, it'll be easier for you since your notes will be done and you can start going through them and applying the knowledge in exam-like questions.

If you work consistently each day, this will definitely work.

hiiitsme

HSC
I might add, it seems like you struggle with organisation like me. It gets shat on alot but typing notes worked really well to make everything digestable and so you can literally see all you need on a google doc in front of you. Also the extra time saved can be spent on practice qs or active recall and it can be edited which is nice. Also unlike the permanently shit font of my handwriting, you can change to whatever you like online, see

HSC
hi people I am just wondering how everyone stays organised with their studying. What I mean is, I have all this content across all my subjects, and obviously is continually going to be more content added as the year goes on, but how do you guys make sure you are revising everything you need to revise in a subject across all subjects? I just can't seem to get my mind around this and its effecting me because I will finish all my school work (homework, assignments etc) and I have all this time left but I don't know what I should study or revise because I just have so much! Which means I end up doing nothing most of the time haha.

any tips or personal experience would be much appreciated! :)
Bro, you think people are studying for HSC. Idk but seems kinda far fetched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)