Studying accounting (1 Viewer)

amaccas

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

I was wondering what the best way to approach studying accounting for business is?

Thanks in advance
amaccas.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
amaccas said:
*sigh*

constructive responses only please
No, your question is pointless because it's as subjective as asking what's the best colour to paint your bedroom.

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
amaccas said:
Hi all,

I was wondering what the best way to approach studying accounting for business is?

Thanks in advance
amaccas.
is that a high school subject or uni?

allstarr69

Yeah, my advice is to NOT STUDY accounting. Its really really boring! The first few subjects teach you the basics which are semi itnersting then the 3rd year subjects just go into utter %$^&. Im talking management %$%^ such as memorising %$%^ which you will forget (i.e. %*^*) GO FINANCE... its WAY better.
#$% the job oppertunities, youll get a job, just make sure your communication is up to scratch.

amaccas

HSC
N/A
thanks man. and screw the rest of you asses who had nothing positive to contribute.

roadcone

HSC
if you debit something, credit something else.

also be sure you know how to count to 10.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
amaccas.
Well arguably Vega's comments were somewhat constructive. Individual's study in different ways, for lack of a better word they "absorb" information differently... so there is no "best" way.

Personally I cram the night before, arguably the most efficient way, but probably not the "best" or most effective x_o. My friends sitting on High Distinction averages basically do all the readings and do all the tutorials, by the time exams come around some of them have gone through the tutorial work twice. I guess I'm not much help, but there is not much to it apart from practise - the concepts are generally quite easy to understand.

Affinity

HSC
get a copy of all the textbooks and an acounting standards book.. read and remember everything

icecoffee

HSC
How'd you go? And how'd you find the subject overall?
I'm planning to drop out of accounting and do something else, so i'm just curious...

amaccas

HSC
N/A
I did very well! I found that it was quite a reasonable assessment regime, and final exam.

icecoffee

HSC
Oh wow, congrats!

Did you find the course challenging? How and how much did you study?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)