studying 8-10 hrs a day during STUVAC (1 Viewer)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
also i agree with danz90. today i had 2 pies for lunch and pizza/lasagne/garlic bread for dinner hahaha soo bad! defs salads and lovely healthy fruit and such from now on!

miche11e

HSC
hey! i had lasagne for lunch today! whats wrong with that?? lol
i think that its important NOT to change your eating habits cos you dont know how your body is going to react. Its like when you change from eating cereal in the morning to having coffee and toast when it gets cold and for a while you get hungry pangs about an hour after breakfast then you get used to it.

but thats just me. i dunno..

lionking1191

HSC
babikakez said:
Yeh I agree. I went to the library today and did about 4 hours, and after that I simply couldn't concentrate any longer. Wanted to do more, but there was no point sitting there wasting my time.
theoretically 11 hrs is possible but 8 hrs seems ideal for intensive periods of studying (otherwise known as cramming). if you add in recreational time, sports time and dazing out time 8 hrs is fairly manageable if you are motivated enough.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Your all fucking crazy;

I'm aiming at four a day. Involving generally 1/2 a past paper + revision.

Then finish the paper 2nd time

4unitfreak

HSC
I'm going for 6-7 per day. I've taken on extra shifts during the holidays as well but I only work nights so it's not impeding on my study. Our school is running two days of Physics lectures (this Thursday, next Tuesday) so it'll be good to do some study out of the house. Plus we're having a whole-grade party this Friday afternoon/evening/night/Saturday morning, which I'm planning to go to part of.

15 hours a day is completely ridiculous. How can it even be productive? There's a line and 15 hours crosses it.

kangms

HSC
damn...with shit trial marks, i was planning for 13 hours a day and i thought that was too little to improve my marks through the 2 weeks i got left. WTF 1.5 hours a day during the holidays?? Man, that person must've had awesome trial marks or something. eh. i reckon i'll do around 8-9 realistically though

erm

HSC
whoisurdaddy said:
1.5 hrs average a day. EVERY DAY.

If only i had the self control to do this during the year right from the beginning.

Man I'd be sweet by now and wouldn't have a worry and i'd be laughing at you guys.

But alas I'm not in that position. :(

whoisurdaddy

HSC
Ive been doing something like this for about the last 6 months. Went from 60-65 uai estimate in year 11 to 92 uai estimate after trials. Moderation, efficiency works.

danz90

HSC
whoisurdaddy said:
Ive been doing something like this for about the last 6 months. Went from 60-65 uai estimate in year 11 to 92 uai estimate after trials. Moderation, efficiency works.
woww... good on u!
big improvement.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The only subject I need to pick up my game in is Maths + MX1. So I'm going to do a few past papers for that. Otherwise it'll just be reviewing over the syllabus, and the notes I've already created. It certainly won't be hours upon hours of study.

Just going to do what I can and not worry about it. I'm topping most of my classes, and the UAI I'm need is only around 75ish + and interview. It's not worth the stress of continuous study when I know I'll get the mark I need without it.

Or thats how I look at it. :)

HSC
Absolutezero said:
Just going to do what I can and not worry about it. I'm topping most of my classes, and the UAI I'm need is only around 75ish + and interview. It's not worth the stress of continuous study when I know I'll get the mark I need without it.

Or thats how I look at it. :)
I know how you feel. I'm topping all my subjects bar one, and the course I want needs approx 72. I'm just worried because a few years ago it suddenly jumped to 85, and I'm very aware of that. Hence, I've set my aims higher than they probably need to be.

Just out of interest, what are you wanting to study??

treehat

HSC
LOL. I havent started studying at all yet.. since trials -and I just can't be bothered to do anything these hols. I have never done work during holidays before, and this feels no different. If I study 10 hours ALTOGETHER for the entire HSC , I will be very happy lol. A couple of subjects I won't study for at all , cos I never do and do well anyway. I still expect to get my 90 UAI though but if i don't , oh well. People are too stressed and crazy about marks lol.

Cowanian

HSC
treehat said:
LOL. I havent started studying at all yet.. since trials -and I just can't be bothered to do anything these hols. I have never done work during holidays before, and this feels no different. If I study 10 hours ALTOGETHER for the entire HSC , I will be very happy lol. A couple of subjects I won't study for at all , cos I never do and do well anyway. I still expect to get my 90 UAI though but if i don't , oh well. People are too stressed and crazy about marks lol.
Lucky you. I used to be like that for all my subjects (bar maths - eek) but I've seriously degraded and now I need to study lots. I find I have trouble motivating myself to start studying, and doing effective study and stuff. Especially in subjects like Chemistry, which I don't really like. Any tips for motivation? So far I'm sort of doing a four hour block in the morning, then an hour break, two hours, and another hour break, then an hour, cause I can work best in the morning.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
im doing 3-5 hours of hard study, and a little time organising myself

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
No study Mondays and Tuesdays because my family is around and, well, they're pains in the ass.

Other than that, I'm hoping for 6+ hours a day, as well as my planned 1essayaday (per subject, per requiring module).

Group study sessions wednesdays and saturdays+sundays.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)