Studyin (1 Viewer)

cyko

HSC
U guys have difficulty studying?
Any hints on how to change a lifestyle of computer, cable, tv, and just plain bludgin?
I've created this time table, but seems to me its useless, lol
i try to follow it
and i end up doing something else
lets see
i put at least 6 hrs of study a day
lol
i can't handle dat, so i put it down to maybe 4 hrs with an 1 hr break in between and i still get distracted
by computer is really killing me ...
i sleep with it on
i listen to it all night and day
and plus i got cable ... dese aren't a good combination
i got cable as a means of resource for information
seems like i'm lying to myself quite badly, lol
but lately my marks aren't so good, i've onyl just now starting to get things back on the road
doing my homework and stuff
and playing lata ..
and yeh
i just want to improve my studying routine ..
hopefully
i can become a study freak b4 hsc starts ..
only in yr 11
and i'm worried out
even though most people say yr 11 is nothing .. it doesn't hurt to start early, so u can prepare for the lata times rite? .. just hope
i don't disappoint myself and others
if i fail due to lack of motivation and boredness ...

at first
my motivation to get a good uai and hsc result was
money
all world cruise
and money
lol
now
i got all this pressure on me to do well, but not sure if i can handle the pressure ..
hopefully i can ...

afta???

HSC
a friend of me asked how to get off the computer n i told her.........
unplug every single cable connected to any part of ur computer n stuff it at the very bottom of ur cupboard ... that way it will get too annoying exach time u attempt to put them together n u will give up
as for the time u need it to do assignments n stuff ... unplug everything again

r u a guy or gal coz they say that if guys lose concentration on school work it's very hard to get bac on track whilst for girls it more than normal at times to dont even touch school work....

according to research they also say that a good career prospect is the best motivation...mayb get urself fixed on that!

capsicum

HSC
i have difficulty getting myself to study, like i procrastinate, but once i've started, there's no difficulty there. my problem is i focus too much on some subjects, and not enough on others eg. english!! which probably explains why my marks for that are going downhill.

4 hrs is sufficient i guess, cuz ur doing about 5 hrs of study at school (give or take). and study includes hw (i was told), so next time ur doing those maths exercises, that's ur maths study for the day! hehe

about the computer habits, u could try pulling out the cable as afta??? suggested. or u could move the comp out of ur room so it would be less of a distraction, but then of course uve gotta focus on ur study. try studying elsewhere, like at a QUIET library, or adjust ur timetable to study when everyone else is still asleep, etc. um, i don't know. errr...it's hard to rid the old habits and distractions, i know...

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
look up plugging ur comp is silly, cos that is ur main source of input with the net. at uni no1 is goin 2 help u get ur hmwrk done, u jus have 2 do it. there is no other way then jus sitting down n studing... u can use postes 2 remind u 2

afta???

HSC
it is crazy to do all ur work alone ... uni students that come to talk to us say u need study groups in high school and in uni n everyone shares the workload... not meaning that u get someone to write ur essay though.......but does it depend on the degree u do?

cyko

HSC
study groups ..
yeh

we have them once in a while
at the library
but often we get easily distracted lol
how do guys prevent urself from gettin distracted
when ur studying with ur friends

last time i recall
we went library to get some research done ..
ended up talkin for 3 hrs straight
about nothing
lol ...

thats studying 4 u

Kulazzi

HSC
well, every monday and tuesday I finish at 1 but stay back until 3:10 and during those two hours i write notes, study etc. b/c thats the only place I get motivation. If I come home then I get distracted by the computer (school computers are crap) and (especially) my baby cousin. So I suggest, to get more work done, try spending your free periods doing study notes etc. at school, come home, relax and then do homework. It may not work out for everyone but then again you never never know, if you never never go :) ;)

E

eling

if u have determination, nothing will stop you..so find sumfin 2 motivate u

afta???

HSC
but dude...not everyone finds their motivation

as for the best place to concentrate....i get to school like 45 mins before schools starts n there i do most work
at home i'm stuck like this on the internet arghhhh

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
cyko said:
study groups ..
yeh

we have them once in a while
at the library
but often we get easily distracted lol
how do guys prevent urself from gettin distracted
when ur studying with ur friends

last time i recall
we went library to get some research done ..
ended up talkin for 3 hrs straight
about nothing
lol ...

thats studying 4 u
I agree... just talk for so long, do anything possible to avoid actually getting work done and it's inevitable because even when we do get down to work a word on a page will start a memory hook and take us off on an hour long tangent... *sigh*

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
do people actually write study notes in year 11? oO...

maybe i should get into the habit of doing that instead of writing my notes the night before a test and then end up never using them --" (what a stupid habit)

oh about motivation... my inteneded course has always been commerce... but when i think about it.. i have no idea what career prospects come out of commerce atm..

because my friend did commerce and ended up with some shit government job where u sit down and do nothing --"

HOW TO GET MOTIVATED ><"

afta???

HSC
writing notes even if u dont look at it again is actually good bcoz writing gets the stuff into ur head ... i like remeber at least 40% by just writing

JamiL

HSC
boasboy said:
do people actually write study notes in year 11? oO...

maybe i should get into the habit of doing that instead of writing my notes the night before a test and then end up never using them --" (what a stupid habit)

oh about motivation... my inteneded course has always been commerce... but when i think about it.. i have no idea what career prospects come out of commerce atm..

because my friend did commerce and ended up with some shit government job where u sit down and do nothing --"

HOW TO GET MOTIVATED ><"
mate lookn at ur subjects (3u english, 3u maths, physics, chem, eco) u would prob do good in an economics degree (actuarial, or Bat of Eco) or a science degree (there is heeps)

E

eling

afta??? said:
but dude...not everyone finds their motivation

as for the best place to concentrate....i get to school like 45 mins before schools starts n there i do most work
at home i'm stuck like this on the internet arghhhh

that's a real good idea, going skoo early...i'd do that if i didnt sleep in :p

Kulazzi

HSC
afta??? said:
writing notes even if u dont look at it again is actually good bcoz writing gets the stuff into ur head ... i like remeber at least 40% by just writing

yeah same, if i type up my notes, i feel i won't remember very well so thats why I too write mine out cos I think it makes me easier to remember stuff and ur actually reading and writing it out instead of typing it, cos I just look at the keyboard when I'm typing......

JamiL

HSC
other then bio i dont write notes, i learn alot by asking questions and trying 2 understand concepts and not overworkin myself.
Maths will be 4u of mine next year and i wont be writing notes on the (obvious)
Phys, Chem, Bio i will write notes on every dot point next year(that is wot i do 4 bio this yr)
and english i will try and write an essay a week on somthing cos that is wot realy brings me down.
Yr 11 not nessesary, but Yr12 it is obsered not 2. i also recommend referencing other ppls notes, jus 2 cheak its wot yur doin. and re-write then in2 yur own words

Kulazzi

HSC
everything i write notes for cept maths
u just gotta practice practice and practice, thats the only way you can go good in maths, one girl i know is smart in eng, and art but she doesn't practice for maths, she justs memorises the formulas and she barely passes, to pass maths u gotta know how to apply it practically

JamiL

HSC
exactly, i have like a photographic memory when it comes to maths, i can see a formula 1ce and remember it. that is the easy bit, application is the bit that u have 2 master over 1-2 weeks. but that comes from practice, with science its not so hard, now it has moved away from the maths (all the maths is simple now) and all remembering this like how we know the galaxy is expanding and how it dis-proves the steady state theory etc.
BUT ENGLISH... omg i have no idea what to do thats y im gettin a tutor. if som1 tells me what 2 do in english, i will remember it and that might help

afta???

HSC
JamiL said:
exactly, i have like a photographic memory when it comes to maths, i can see a formula 1ce and remember it. that is the easy bit, application is the bit that u have 2 master over 1-2 weeks. but that comes from practice, with science its not so hard, now it has moved away from the maths (all the maths is simple now) and all remembering this like how we know the galaxy is expanding and how it dis-proves the steady state theory etc.
BUT ENGLISH... omg i have no idea what to do thats y im gettin a tutor. if som1 tells me what 2 do in english, i will remember it and that might help
i never remember my maths formulas...they come or i derive it on the spot n yea i agree on the point that practice is important for maths
n for eco i read over twice n i remember my notes
as for english i dont think tutor helps much n u cant really tutor for english nyway

JamiL

HSC
afta??? said:
i never remember my maths formulas...they come or i derive it on the spot n yea i agree on the point that practice is important for maths
n for eco i read over twice n i remember my notes
as for english i dont think tutor helps much n u cant really tutor for english nyway
in my case i think a tutor will help me heaps, i do so bad in english cos there is no straght answer, so if i can get a tutor to help me with that i will be fine. When it comes 2 speaches and prepared stuff i do great like i got 15/15 for a speach, and 11/15 for and appropriation of a text. but when it came 2 write a essay, i recived 12/20....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)