study (1 Viewer)

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
how should i study for maths... should i just buy on of the books... or should i just work through my text book... i really want good marks... any ideas...:)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
learn a portion of theory
and then do exercises until u no longer have to look back at the theory to work out the answer

then move on to the next portion of theory

fakingtheday

HSC
He's right. You should in particularly make sure you know all your financial maths off by heart, it makes up nearly 75% of the course. And of course, practice, practice, practice.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
make sure you've done all the exercises and know the theory (out of you own text book should be good enough)..and do past papers!! they're especially good because then you have new questions to deal with and you can make sure you understand them before you do the real thing..i did sooooooo many past papers and it did help

don't you also have to vaguely know year 11 work? isn't some year 11 work able to be tested? eh, i forget

edit: also, if you don't understand something, ask your teacher for help..usually it's just a stupid mistake and can be easily fixed :)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
do every practice paper you can find
i found that pink book with like 6 practice papers and 3 actual hsc papers with full worked answers sooo useful. excel was ok but i didnt really get through more than 2 practice papers.. id go with the pink good though. make sure you have done all the exercises in your textbook first though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)