Study tips for uni? (1 Viewer)

Skriker

HSC
OK, most of us have university coming up in febuary/march. I have heard studying at uni is completely different studying from school as you have like 3 hour breaks or even more during tutes/lectures. Just wondering if you could give us some tips on how to study for uni and when too study. How do you guys manage too fit your study in when there are many social activities (parties etc) going on. Any tips for the class of 2012 who are starting uni next year?

thanks!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Umm, you do your homework and you do the questions. You'll find you can do super well just by doing the homework and then doing some last minute whole-course cramming. Well, I find I can do that.

Just do the work throughout the semester.

Skriker

HSC
Umm, you do your homework and you do the questions. You'll find you can do super well just by doing the homework and then doing some last minute whole-course cramming. Well, I find I can do that.

Just do the work throughout the semester.
so, pretty much do the homework which are set from the tutes? Im guessing it would be a lot because we get soo many breaks :O

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
so, pretty much do the homework which are set from the tutes? Im guessing it would be a lot because we get soo many breaks :O
Uhh yeah pretty much. There's a decent amount of work. What uni course are you doing?

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Study at uni involves cramming the night before. Seriously.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
study up on the lecture notes and textbook BEFORE the lecture this helps a lot in understanding the shizz

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Study at uni involves cramming the night before. Seriously.
^ Pretty much.

And if you've done the work over the semester, that should all be the study you really need - for Commerce-y subjects.

Maths... you can't really cram.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah, Commerce... just do your tutorial problems throughout the semester and then cram the nights before, that should get you a good mark.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Leave everything until the last minute, and let your ability to handle pressure flourish. It's a valuable skill in the workforce.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Do your homework, go over lecture before hand - always helpful, and then 2-3 weeks before exams just go over everything again.

You can also make notes on lectures/tutes/textbook work, although I've never done this.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Just make sure you make your own notes regularly throughout the year. Keep on top all the questions you're meant to be doing (and try not to slacken off).

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
Go to your lectures. Trust me. Most people end up skipping them because they reckon they can teach themselves later at home by reading the textbook or listening to the lecture recording. This is bullshit and they usually end up teaching themselves the whole course before tests or the final exam. You pay for your lectures, so you should go to them.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Go to your lectures. Trust me. Most people end up skipping them because they reckon they can teach themselves later at home by reading the textbook or listening to the lecture recording. This is bullshit and they usually end up teaching themselves the whole course before tests or the final exam. You pay for your lectures, so you should go to them.
^ That.

And also you make friends in courses in lectures.

Skriker

HSC
Do your homework, go over lecture before hand - always helpful, and then 2-3 weeks before exams just go over everything again.

You can also make notes on lectures/tutes/textbook work, although I've never done this.
what would be the best way to take notes during lectures since all your hearing is someone speak? haha

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
some lecturers are absolute trash and make no sense and put you to sleep, dont bother going if that happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)