Study Tip Please!!! (1 Viewer)

thecraigmaster

HSC
Hello all my fellow students,

I Am doing my hsc this year and having trouble studying i know i have to do it everynight all i have been doing is like rewriting the syllbus dot ponits and yeh its sucks and very boring does anyone have better ways to study or better times because on the weekend there are many social things i like to do thus 18th, 21st, shows etc.. but coming from a small like barellan its not hard so what do u do to advio hid please help me one helpest year 12 student!!

HSC
OMG what a huge coincidence i go to Barellan too! ... are you that dude that has red hair ... cause OMG i so know u ... u know!

my suggestion for studying tips what be to record yourself saying important things out of your subjects ... put the recording on your ipod and listen to it at night ... if you enjoy hearing your own voice it will probably serve to put you too asleep ... otherwise it may serve to make you become an insomniac

lol

see you bro

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
thecraigmaster said:
Hello all my fellow students,

I Am doing my hsc this year and having trouble studying i know i have to do it everynight all i have been doing is like rewriting the syllbus dot ponits and yeh its sucks and very boring does anyone have better ways to study or better times because on the weekend there are many social things i like to do thus 18th, 21st, shows etc.. but coming from a small like barellan its not hard so what do u do to advio hid please help me one helpest year 12 student!!
well for note writing, instead of trying to write it all in one colour, try writing notes in different colours, so that way it will be easier for you to study and remember the notes, instead of all in one colour.
well theres no reason why you cant have a social life, but with the HSC coming up in a month, you can't really afford to have lots of study free days
maybe if your parties are on at night, i suggest you study during the day, so that way you won't feel guilty about not studying when you go to the parties

HSC
^your font is shocking!!!!!!

anyways back to the topic...i just summarise all my topics and have everything under the dot points from the syllabus ...then i just read + re-read say one topic/subject for the rest of the day ..and after every dot point i test myself...

however according to my teacher if you spray each topic with a different purfume then your more likely to remember it...

thecraigmaster

HSC
cool thanks there heaps good ideas i will try them i suggest you try them too. I have also have some study cards that we brought online at jacarta.com or something like that and there really good only $15 for the whole course yay and when did u play footy against barellan u may know me i play first grade but u may just be an under 17s person in AFL

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
thecraigmaster said:
cool thanks there heaps good ideas i will try them i suggest you try them too. I have also have some study cards that we brought online at jacarta.com or something like that and there really good only $15 for the whole course yay and when did u play footy against barellan u may know me i play first grade but u may just be an under 17s person in AFL
yeh I played U/17s for Parkes, umpired the Seniors as well but don't remember many Barellan players.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Study tips

Also to motivate you to study it's good to have a goal and know why your studying. Of course you are studying because you want to do well in your HSC but having a goal to achieve through study i.e. UAI or an exam mark. Might also help for you to find that extra motivation to do well. Good luck.

Tim035

HSC
Re-reading ur dot points again and again is a waste of time.
In biology trials a friend of mine did this, whilst I completed my dot points and then spent a good 3 weeks doing past papers, using my dot points in answering the more difficult questions.
I beat him by a horrific amount because he hadn't developed those skills you only learn from doing papers. Such as the 9.1 syllabus outcome skills, and those questions where you have to apply several dot points from sometimes even different cores in the syllabus in order to answer.

So my advice is 1)- finish your dot points if you havn't already done so.
2)- alternate your subjects between 2 days. for example I do a maths paper, a biology paper and one english essay on odd days. And a chemistry, pdhpe paper and one english essay on even days.

thecraigmaster

HSC
hey thanks for all the study tips has elpped me greatly i have a secret wepon but witch i think u all should have it is a year 11 girl always on our backs telling us to study it is inective at most times but yeh once it worked lol believe u should rent one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)