Study timetable-----------------> what yours look like? (1 Viewer)

gemini

I should really start one but i dunno where to start.
How should i set it out neatly so everything is clear.
I thought of writing up a table for each day...for 24 hrs, tho most of it will be sleep.
Any suggestions?................what does yours look like?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
thats a good idea gemini, though mine would have to be two different weeks because we have week A and B at school (Im sure most other schools would have this too)

Bimbo

Southern Girl
don't feel bad, i don't have one either...i'll prob start studying in like august, after trials, because at the mo i have a lot of other commitments that are making it hard enough just to do my normal. and i keep wasting time as well!

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Sticking to a table is hard, ull need to be disciplinded and strict to yourself, it will pay off tho.........i think.........well, i should make one too! :)

freakofcool

I don't have one either and as lillaila said sticking to one is hard. I remember last year when my teachers and our year advisor and our career advisor kept suggesting to make one... Never got around to it though... But it'll definately pay off in the end!

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
GO DA GEMINIS~!!! lol....

if ya feel ya need a study timetable, go for it, but everyone's pretty much sed it so far... u really... really need to be disciplined.

if u don't like the idea of 'slotting' ur life up into hour-segments for 'hwk' 'dinner' 'tv' etc... (i tried it for a couple of weeks in year 7 would u believe... i was quite a control freak ^^)
then a good idea is to make sure u have a couple of hours each night to do study....

list all the things you have to do, and then highlight all the important ones..
do the important ones first, then tick them off as you go..
keep adding new lists and stuf..
and add due dates to the lists so you know when to get things done..

it seems really relaxed but it's a lot nicer (and works better than u'd think ^^)... u should have a pretty good idea where u need work...
also u can get a lot more hardcore/specific about time allotments for study right b4 assessments...

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
I think a study timetable would be a waste of time for the majority of people...unless you are unbelievably organised and motivated, you will never, EVER stick to it.
And for the bulk of us who leave things til the pressure is on, a timetable is useless-you just have to juggle around your subjects as best you can, not have a rigid timetable set out.
Kudos to anyone who actually has made a timetable and has stuck with it!:eek:

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
i've got a study timetable... but i never actually followed it... i just look at it and sigh...

hmmm... i dont know of anyone who does actually follow a study timetable...

strawberry

I follow my timetable...but I agree that it takes alot of discipline. I actually started (trying) to follow a timetable in year 9 because I know that it takes time to adjust.

I suggest that if you want to start being hard on yourself, do a time table.....but understand that it takes discipline

For those of you that know you wont follow it.....dont make a time table. What you should do instead is mentally make a timetable each day after you get home and try to stick to it.

I know you guys think I'm boring and probably a study freak but hey I'm just trying to help

good luck ppls

bluebubble

This may sound gay, but i sorta have a timetable that i most of da time follow. i get home, eat some more, take my dog for a walk then get to my books. sometimes i'd go to the computer and bludge alittle like today, but that's cool cos' if ya don't stress will caught me. I think this year is the only year that has actually brought out alittle self discipline in me. I've even started to like some of my subjects, but it doesn't mean i like school. I feel i learn things myself from books, and maybe it's because I'm a bad listener. :spam:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I'm sorta the same. I get home, go on the comp and do my h/w which needs research. I watch TV, eat dinner and then I go do my other h/w (e.g. maths) which doesnt need the comp. I've kinda reached a balance between everything.

I kinda fell into the pattern, but i've made myself study harder. My main motivation was seeing how crappy my report was. And I give myself rewards for getting good marks etc. The thing this year is that the only person who can push you hard is YOU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)