• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

study timetable (prior HSC exams) (1 Viewer)

epicFAILx

HSC
there is 3 weeks left :blink2:

regardless.. how many hours should be the average study per/day
i know the line is: study smarter not harder.

i study 6 hours (with breaks) during the day
however i hear some people study 7-8 hours.. even 9 hours trollface.jpg

question: how is that possible??

(also please tell me your study schedule.. just so i get a better understanding. thanks)

mrh94

HSC
I've honestly not been studying properly since Graduation, but today I made my plan which I will follow. Basically, before the HSC I must complete a minimum of 3 past papers for each of my subjects and I will keep revising through my notes. I'm not good with following a strict plan, so I just made a simple list which I'll cross out for every task I've completed. I basically just wake up in the morning, and depending on my mood...study what I feel like studying BUT making sure it's balanced and I don't focus on one subject more than another :D

tomp1612

HSC
I do 6 hours a day, 1 hour for different subjects and I find it like a normal school day getting work done, only problem is getting tired of all the studyin lol. Cant wait till its all over

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
ive gone to the library since monday doing about 5 hours of work. i normally do 2 subjects a day at the library. when im at home i bum around a lot and get maybe an hour or two of work done, looking at notes, trying to remember stuff etc. need to do more haha

megaman64

HSC
ive gone to the library since monday doing about 5 hours of work. i normally do 2 subjects a day at the library. when im at home i bum around a lot and get maybe an hour or two of work done, looking at notes, trying to remember stuff etc. need to do more haha
same as me

Jawa

HSC
I am doing roughly 5-6 Hours a day, (I probably want to Average 6-7 for the rest of the holidays) at the moment I am primarily reviewing my notes (Business,Legal,History,English), Case Studies (Business) and Contemporary Issues (Legal) by going through with a pen and scrap paper, jotting down a few points to try and make sure I have all my content down pat and then I will probably be moving into Past Papers and questions for all subjects from next week because I will be confident with the content.

For English I have/am doing the notes review than attempting a question (Also creative writing) whilst for Maths, instead of the content review it is just straight past papers.

Fair Method?

lani22

HSC
I start at 9am and go till around 4, with around an hour's break in that time. Then I try to do at least 2 hours in the evening.

I do two subjects per day - going over notes, writing essay plans/outlines and then essays under timed conditions.

dawooddaman

HSC
10 to 12 three hour chucks, 30 min breaks

Guess that what you get for f'kn up =(

HSC
Aiming 6-7 hours a day from 10-4
Doing different subjects for each hour or doing 4 subjects for 1.5 hours... mainly focusing on English, Ecos and maths since they're first
For remaining of the week since I been slack is to read through notes and cases studies (had lectures for Ancient History and Economics at TSFX so notes are taken care of :) ..got a Business workshop on Friday from 9-5 for HSC in the Holidays.)
Next two weeks should be past papers for each subjects (maths i'm already doing just need to do in timed conditions) and essay writing and adapting to various Qs

Decided to go to library tomorrow for a lot of the holidays now since home has everything that makes me procrastinate and school when its term 4 for everyone else[HR][/HR]2012 HSC subjects:Adv English, General Maths, Ancient History, Business Studies, Economics
ATAR Aim: 80+

mike12345678

HSC
im doing like 9 hours a day and i have to say it isnt that hard.yes i do get tired but not long to go before its all over

i do 9-12
1-4
6-9

and i just rotate all my subjects according to my study timetable so i can get enough study for all my subjects.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
If non school days: 7 to 8 or whatever you can max out without losing your focus and memory

nirukk

HSC
In this holidays ~6 hour-ish. From about 11 to 3 or so at the library and then I do maths in the evening. Last week is for past papers. I need to finish up all notes by coming friday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)