• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Study time! (1 Viewer)

fluffycake

HSC
On average, how many hours do you spend doing homework and revision each night?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
HW= 1-3h depending on the day. It's mostly Maths and Chemistry.
Revision: 30 mins - 1h when I have nothing to do. 0 when my favourite TV shows are on, or when something comes up :p

sleepplease

HSC
Please let me have an offtopic emo cry ..

I had so much to do today and I have no fucking idea what I did with all the time. :(. And now I have no time because tomorrow I have meetings. WHY CAN'T I MANAGE MY TIME AND STUDY LIKE ANY NORMAL PERSON :(.

Sorry. This year is just stressing me out so much. I have to do well :( :( :(

*ENDS EMO-NESS*

And now I shall resume being happy because being emo helps noone :)

To the OP I sort of mix hmwk with study - like I'll do my hmwk then write notes on what I learnt in that subject that day and then study them.. so all together I work from about 4pm - 12am and I do another 1 or 2 hours in the morning when I wake up.

But then there are stupid days, which don't happen often but when they do I just flop out and get nothing done. All I've done today is reserached John F Kennedy for the essay I'm writing NOW (stupid), french essay and grammar . That's it. Of my huge list.

But time management is something year 11 will help me to improve on :) So it's ok. :)

I feel so bipolar writing this post :rofl: I shall stop this self centred rambling :)

Faîtes des bonnes rêves !

mudcake42

HSC
Every day: about 1-2 hours of maths ... other then that probably just revision of the days lesson or the last couple of days (if i can be screwed) ... just starting to get the projects now so starting to think of spending time on them lol

lacklustre

HSC
Kujah said:
HW= 1-3h depending on the day. It's mostly Maths and Chemistry.
Revision: 30 mins - 1h when I have nothing to do. 0 when my favourite TV shows are on, or when something comes up :p
Shit...I need to use you as my motivation. Computers are the worst time wasters ever! I go on intending to do research and end up playing CS or browsing random sites. Then my whole timetable is out of whack, and I tell myself that I will catch up/do more work tomorrow.

Damnation. :burn:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
lacklustre said:
Shit...I need to use you as my motivation. Computers are the worst time wasters ever! I go on intending to do research and end up playing CS or browsing random sites. Then my whole timetable is out of whack, and I tell myself that I will catch up/do more work tomorrow.

Damnation. :burn:
Haha :) My favourite TV shows are on nearly every single day, especially on Wednesday. I watch 5 hours straight :eek:

mudcake42

HSC
omgosh, biggest loser!!! WHY did they have to put it EVERY nite??? It's gonna make me fail so much lol

edit: i mean, the show The Biggest Loser, not your the biggest loser lol

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
:)

I hate it when Tv channels put good shows back to back to entice us. TV + this site = HUGE distraction from study :D

lacklustre

HSC
mudcake42 said:
omgosh, biggest loser!!! WHY did they have to put it EVERY nite??? It's gonna make me fail so much lol

edit: i mean, the show The Biggest Loser, not your the biggest loser lol
With regard to television, I believe it is better to record the shows and watch them later, during your designated "relaxation" time. That way you can skip through the ads and watch the show in less time, giving you more time to do other things! Or just download ur shows from the internet with the ads already cut out :hammer:

lacklustre

HSC
Kujah said:
:)

I hate it when Tv channels put good shows back to back to entice us. TV + this site = HUGE distraction from study :D
I'm gonna go cold turkey.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I'm even worse off. I have cable so consider yourself lucky you guys. 3 hours straight South Park, 3 Hours Straight Simpsons, Futurama, Jackass Marathons, Chapelle's Show, orsum entertainment at the expense of my studies >_>

lacklustre

HSC
simonloo said:
I'm even worse off. I have cable so consider yourself lucky you guys. 3 hours straight South Park, 3 Hours Straight Simpsons, Futurama, Jackass Marathons, Chapelle's Show, orsum entertainment at the expense of my studies >_>
Wow that would be a bloody huge time waster! I couldn't do school and have cable at the same time; just not possible :rofl:

sleepplease

HSC
I'm happy now :) I just have bursts of stress :) But I'm happy now :) Sorry everyone for my previous sillyness.

You guys all sound like your managing the transition into prelim so well, congrats :) T'hat's really awesome! And from what I've read in other threads, most of you are enjoying it too - I'm SO glad about that. It always makes me sad when people don't like school, after all you spend so much time there it'd be awful not to be happy!

Airie - You're so sweet! :D You remind me of tinkerbell :) And yes I will sleep. Maybe tomorrow :)

Sweet dreams to everyone!!! xxx

Season

HSC
Last year I really slacked off, I'd do about 1ish hours on week days and then spend sunday cramming everything in, this year I've been trying to do about 3 hours a night and then have my weekends to go out and have some fun.

sleepplease

HSC
Bobness said:
Moar layk loos-er-imon. Amirite?

Leave sleepplease alone some of us might actually have insomnia you noes?
*hugs* for Bobness. You're lovely :)

Jachie - I did the same :( Silly! But okay :)

Season - sounds like you've got yourself a nice sustainable system :) Good luck!

pourquoi moi

HSC
all my work takes so much longer because of websites like this. english homework takes the longest for me (last week it took my whole saturday and that was just the first week of year 11 :eek: ). i've also been trying to start a studies of religion assessment for the last 20 minutes and failed miserably! but i'm amazed at how you're all talking about studying as well! good on you and your motivation!

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Lol i board and its probably the best choice i made in my school carrer. No distraction, no internet, just pure study, sport and hanging with friends. And go home on weekend to take abit of a break. Time are set aside each night for study and there are pHD grade teacher to help with all the subjects!

HSC
z600 said:
Lol i board and its probably the best choice i made in my school carrer. No distraction, no internet, just pure study, sport and hanging with friends. And go home on weekend to take abit of a break. Time are set aside each night for study and there are pHD grade teacher to help with all the subjects!
I wish I had a squillion dollars...I could've went to a boarding school!

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
z600 said:
To Shoreboy z600: We are going to own your asses in Debating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)