Study, study, study... and dot points (1 Viewer)

D

dragon

I know there is no correct way of studying, but im kinda just getting into the routine of studying (didnt really study in yr 7-10) and i was wandering if you could suggest any tips/amendments about my study plan...

1) Make notes on all work covered (ie, all chapters of tb etc.) - in fair amount of detail, giving examples, diagrams etc..
2) Read over, highlight important, essential things
3) PRACTICE - do exercises, past papers etc.
---------------------------------------------
Once completed that module/topic:
4) SYNTHESISE previous notes - main points only, formulas etc. - to form a summary of the topic
5) Do dot points of the syllabus - ??

oh and, How do i go about doing dot points of the syllabus ... do i just simply address what it specifically says, or do i 'brake it up' and address each individual part... if that makes sense...... blah just tell me how you do it :p

This is all new to me being only in yr 11, and i wanna get everything sorted by yr 12!

ta

bobo123

HSC
year 11 and thinking about studying hehe
dont have much experience in studying
what subjects do you do?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i basically study the same why u study... study in year 11?
man... i didnt study that much in year 11... (though i should of...)

D

dragon

hehe yeh, i wanna start now ... im tryin to get into a routine that i can continue on with year 12... and also, phyiscs, chemistry and maths in yr 12 relies on fundamentals picked up in yr 11 me thinks..

oh yeh i do;
3u English
2u mathematics
2u Physics
2u Chemistry
2u IPT
1u Studies of Religion

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah thats kool. start doing now it so u can get into the habit (as i should of done)

yeah maths n phys need year 11 stuff. i do maths, physics and ipt too! :D

bobo123

HSC
year 11 should be bludging school and having fun while you can

this is a personal opinion but i found that working really hard in year 11 and getting killer ranks just made me complacent

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I honestly didn't know what study was til this year. I thought it meant doing your homework and cramming before tests.

D

dragon

yeh i do take yr 11 pretty easy
but if i can get this nailed now itll be all sweet :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah study too much and you'll go crazy. dont doo it too much. i say u still bludge a lil.

AGB

HSC
i reckon it is good to pretend that the prelim year is the real thing i.e. hsc year....its like the practice round - and the more u practice the better u get at something

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by AGB
i reckon it is good to pretend that the prelim year is the real thing i.e. hsc year....its like the practice round - and the more u practice the better u get at something
That is true! By the time you get to HSC you wont be complaining about not knowing how you got rorted because you didnt know this or that about the system. :D

Darkangel

I think about 2 hrs of study is good but i rarely spend that much time on studies...the only thing that gets me good marks in assessments is my speed..I wrote 9 pages in 40 mins for an assessment...so i think if u can write fast esp for subjects like eco n legal ... u can do really well ..of course u have to know ur stuff

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
actually for the science subjects the best way is prollly:

read the textbook as you do the work, like after classes...
do each dot point
make urself familiar with the syllabus.. it helps in exams i reckon

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by dragon
oh and, How do i go about doing dot points of the syllabus ... do i just simply address what it specifically says, or do i 'brake it up' and address each individual part... if that makes sense...... blah just tell me how you do it :p

This is all new to me being only in yr 11, and i wanna get everything sorted by yr 12!
i don't think studying as in doing the syllabus dot points for year11 is worth it, except for math but there is no dot points for that. because year11 don't count to your hsc and most of the stuff you learn in year11 is irrelevant to what you gonna do for hsc.

im in year11 and i've got accelerated in science so im half in year12;) ; i've answer the preliminary syllabus dot points for chemistry and physic some time ago, it was a waste of time, unless you want good marks for year11. but whats the point?

if you want to prepare for you're hsc now, i suggest you get through the year11 stuff briefly just get the basics, then start doing year12 stuff by answering the dot points for hsc part of the syllabus like they are exam questions, when you get to year12 just revise it and regurgitate it in the exam; because, if you don't know it yet, most of the questions in science exams are just the exact or slightly different worded dot points from the hsc syllabus.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
actually for the science subjects the best way is prollly:

read the textbook as you do the work, like after classes...
may i suggest u read the book before u cover someof the stuff in class.

and also make sure ur teacher has covered the dot-points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)