study plan (1 Viewer)

hellohowslife

HSC
Yo,
I wanna start studying 5 hrs every weekday (more on the weekend and holidays) until the HSC. In terms of making my study plan/timetable, would it be better to study 1hr of every subject per day (I do 10 units) or do 3 subjects a day? Thanks, also how many hours are you guys studying rn and what ATAR are you aiming for. Thanks!

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Learn the content until you get it. Don't limit yourself by the amount of time designated. Instead spend as long as you are willing to be able to fully grasp the ideas of the topic.

Leadmen4y

HSC
I think it may be better if you do 3 subjects or less in a day, personally think it's too chaotic and 1 hour isn't a lot to get much done, might be different for you though.

I would suggest making a list of things you're going to do rather than following a timetable because else you'd be sitting there wasting your time trying to find something to do. I personally just have a to-do list that I update regularly based on my progress, also helps you keep on track with what you've done over the day rather than how many hours you "studied".

I'm also doing 5 hours outside of online school since I've gotten more ambitious with the courses I'm trying to get in... XD

icycledough

HSC
Hey, so I'm not a current HSC student (I graduated last year), but I can definitely help you out, as someone myself who also struggled with creating a suitable and efficient study plan.

So with your HSC exams about 2 months away (English first), until about the beginning of October or one week into October, I would spend an equal amount of time on each subject. Obviously, you can tweak it a bit and so depending on what your weakest subjects are, you can spend more time focusing on those. 2 months is a lot of time and I can believe you can go over the entire syllabus for your subjects quite a number of times over, putting you in a very strong position for HSC exams. Once that first week of October is done, you can then spend the next 10 days or however long it is solely focusing on English, so Paper 1 and Paper 2. This is what I did but you can obviously play around with it and see what type of plan suits you.

Also remember that more doesn't equal better. 5 hours of dedicated and efficient study will always be better than 10 hours of inefficient and laid-back 'study'. Doing every subject each day probably wouldn't be the best as well, just because of the sheer volume there would be to retain. Working on one to two subjects a day would be far better and still would give you enough time to go over the syllabus thoroughly. Once you have done this, you can get straight into past papers and questions, in my opinion, the best way to prepare for your HSC exams.

Pretty much, the hours you study a day will vary from person to person, so try to find the right amount of time you can spend studying a day, whether it be 5 or 12, where it is all dedicated and efficient towards your end goal. Good luck for your HSC exams :)

hellohowslife

HSC
Hey, so I'm not a current HSC student (I graduated last year), but I can definitely help you out, as someone myself who also struggled with creating a suitable and efficient study plan.

So with your HSC exams about 2 months away (English first), until about the beginning of October or one week into October, I would spend an equal amount of time on each subject. Obviously, you can tweak it a bit and so depending on what your weakest subjects are, you can spend more time focusing on those. 2 months is a lot of time and I can believe you can go over the entire syllabus for your subjects quite a number of times over, putting you in a very strong position for HSC exams. Once that first week of October is done, you can then spend the next 10 days or however long it is solely focusing on English, so Paper 1 and Paper 2. This is what I did but you can obviously play around with it and see what type of plan suits you.

Also remember that more doesn't equal better. 5 hours of dedicated and efficient study will always be better than 10 hours of inefficient and laid-back 'study'. Doing every subject each day probably wouldn't be the best as well, just because of the sheer volume there would be to retain. Working on one to two subjects a day would be far better and still would give you enough time to go over the syllabus thoroughly. Once you have done this, you can get straight into past papers and questions, in my opinion, the best way to prepare for your HSC exams.

Pretty much, the hours you study a day will vary from person to person, so try to find the right amount of time you can spend studying a day, whether it be 5 or 12, where it is all dedicated and efficient towards your end goal. Good luck for your HSC exams :)
Thanks!

AKONS

HSC
I'm planning to
Yo,
I wanna start studying 5 hrs every weekday (more on the weekend and holidays) until the HSC. In terms of making my study plan/timetable, would it be better to study 1hr of every subject per day (I do 10 units) or do 3 subjects a day? Thanks, also how many hours are you guys studying rn and what ATAR are you aiming for. Thanks!
I like your determination!

I'm planning on spending 60% of my study time on my worst subject (English :( ) . Getting one more mark in your worst subject has a bigger effect on your ATAR than the same increase in your best. But I still try to designate time during the day (maybe 1 hour per subject) for my other subjects so I don't neglect them.

nourished.

HSC
Yo,
I wanna start studying 5 hrs every weekday (more on the weekend and holidays) until the HSC. In terms of making my study plan/timetable, would it be better to study 1hr of every subject per day (I do 10 units) or do 3 subjects a day?
To be honest, whatever works for you.

Personally, and probably not the most effective, I like intense blocks of focused study.

However, the science does favour 'distributed practice' and 'interleaving', eg 1 hour of every subject per day.

From experience, aside from the temptation to just stay on the one confusing part of one subject, I found it very helpful during my HSC. It helped me pick up all my subject knowledge very, very quickly. The studying itself also became very efficient.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)